How much $$$ in tracks a month
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How much $$$ in tracks a month

Wondering what some budgets are just recently got looking over my purchase history and Geez think I have to cut back...

Mine is costing me between $100 to $500 a month.

Sadly I see why my wife's side of it lol

Im lucky that I dont DJ professionally or else I'd spend a lot more, Currently I spend $10 to $20 per month.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

I was spending about $200 but that was for vinyl. I have no wife, no kids, no payments to the ex anymore and my rent's cheap, plus I make good money. I've added a lot to my production arsenal lately, so my music spending has gone way down.

IMO, you need to pare it down. I'm assuming your purchases are digital which equates to 50 - 75 songs a month at minimum perhaps more depending on the sound quality you're buying. You don't really get a chance to know your tunes adding that much to your collection each month IMO. I spent way too much and bought way too much when starting out and now, I don't even like a number of those tunes that much. I've gotten into the habit of adding things to my cart, then coming back and re-visiting my cart a week or more later and re-listening to everything. If I still love it and not merely like it, I'll leave it in the cart and remove the rest. I might do this one more time. With digital, you don't have to worry about things selling out and not being available anymore. So there's really no rush to buy everything the instant you hear it. Even with vinyl I'm finding there are very few "must haves" for me. I'm always going back to my carts and finding things have sold out, but there's so much great music out there with some digging, it's all good. If I do run into a must-have, I'll pull the trigger on my cart. I've found this not only saves me a lot of money, it also keeps me from buying a lot of stuff that in six months, I'd rather not have wasting space in my hard drive or my record storage units.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I try to stay under 150€ for records and digital and I use the same selection methode than ImNotDedYet (I'm not alone!), only digitals I really like and records that I feel are must have.
    soundcloud.com/red-kartel

Djing: 2x Reloop RP7000, DJX900USB, NI Kontrol F1 & X1, NI Audio 6
    Producing: Ears, Ableton Live 9, Akai MPK Mini, Samson Rubicon R8a & R10s, Gigabyte P25W & Asus MB168B+

Vast majority is back dating my catalog from 1999-2004 when I ripped all my vinyl in 2005 to MP3 I did it at 192 instead of 320 and have regretted it ever since

Tech Mentor

Think I'm at about...ooh, £120 for vinyl this month and another £20 for digital stuff. It's been an expensive month - bunch of albums - and looks like it's set to continue being an expensive month - bunch more albums and a few EPs I've been waiting for.

What the hell else am I going to spend the money on?

For digital... Use record pools. Dj city is 90 for 3 months and digitaldjpool is like 1 dollar for 5 days then 12 a month. I use both of those and get amazing amounts of music.

Tech Guru

Anywhere between about 100-200 quid a month on records, though the Mrs is making me cut down.

Could easily spend a lot more, there's a lot of good music coming out on the black crack.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

I do have some subscriptions to dj pools... I use them for newer but for back dating and updating quality from years past is where I am spending the most I'm finding... Oh well though it's tapered off was really bad for a bit but I've made more effort to consciously keep track... I agree though record pools are very reasonable just wish could back date

Tech Guru

I spent just under $900 for all of 2013. I'm on track to spend about that same amount this year.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast