Electronic Drums and Traktor Can u dig it??

Default Electronic Drums and Traktor Can u dig it??

Hey Hey

We have recently integrated a full electronic drum kit into our arsenal, DJ setup is Traktor with time coded vinyl, Z2 Mixer, X1 controller and Maschine Mikro used with our custom mapping.

Interested in peoples opinion on our vid (apart from the obvious use of cheap cameras)

What do you think of the use of drums? Would love some feedback,

cheers

LastResortDjs

www.twitter.com/lastresortdjs
    www.facebook.com/lastresortdjs

Tech Guru

I love it. I'm glad to see it wasn't straight 4 on the floor with offbeat hats and snares the whole time. That alternate percussion was included (when Jack came in) was really nice to see. This drummer is great.

That was awesome! Reminds me of a liquid drum and bass gig I went to where the DJ laid down the backing tracks while several different instrumentalists played in time with the tracks and even had a vocalist thrown in for good measure. Also loved the inclusion of the Maschine Mikro in the setup for extra flexibility for samples.

Just shows that DJing doesn't have to be a standalone thing, but can work well with the right additional elements to really stand out.

Banned

Coming from a film/video background I'll comment on the video. The woman dancing just felt really out of place and the transitions felt a bit like early stuff from video toaster. The close ups of the machine don't make any sense. Would be much better to see your hand triggering the samples than just the machine by itself.
    The closeups of the drummer work wonderfully and the superimposed stuff half-way through looks pretty cool as well. If you want to keep the dancer I would suggest seeing what she would look like superimposed on the door.

Overall I thought it was pretty cool

Tech Mentor

That was really cool! Those newer electronic drum kits are outstanding! Great drummer as well! I have an old Roland TD5 kit, maybe it's time to bust it out again.

Hey Guys

Thanks for the feedback, JaF totally agree with your points on the video, the lighting is shocking on the mixer too you can't really see whats going on. We hope to improve on our next Vid, we now have some access to some quality Cameras YES!

We have added a few more elements musically which we are fine tuning at the moment, gotta love it when music is constantly exiting you!

thanks again everyone for the input #legen #waitforit #dary