Strange jumps/pops

Default Strange jumps/pops

hello, thanks for reading

I am having a very strange issue with Traktor.

When I have finished mixing a track, and the new track is playing(so i've faded out the previous track), and i stop the track that isn't being heard on the main outputs, I get a small jump, or glitch on the track thats being played on the live channel.

I have no idea why this is. I have reinstalled traktor, and had no luck with this being fixed. I have wifi off and anti virus off.

I am using the X1 MK1, and the Allen & Heath K2, on a W7 Vaio, and have had no problems with this set up until this.

It's rather a strange issue, and I am hoping it can be fixed easily.

Thanks for your responses

Tech Guru

How do you stop the track? Do you pause it or hit the cue button? If you use the cue button and beat sync is on, the live track will do a jump in order to match up its phase to the master.

I hit the cue button on the X1.

I do have it on beat sync as well!

So do I need to change to temposync? I was under the impression that it is better to have beat sync over tempo-am I mistaken?

I tend to play techy 4x4 stuff, with sync on. I dont beat grid (I produce more than dj nowadyas so can't be bothered to do it manually!), so If I change over to tempo, will I have any issues?

Thanks very much for replying btw!
    Last edited by gordonstrange; 09-21-2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling!

Tech Guru

Well, the simplest solution would be to pause the track you've just mixed out of instead of cueing it. You can also change the sync to tempo or you can use the master clock (I think?). I don't use software anymore, so I can't say if tempo sync is any worse, but I suppose you can just give it a try and see if it works fine for you. You play four-to-the-floor stuff, so I think tempo sync should be ok, but I may be missing something.

super, yes pause would be the easiest way around it i guess! thanks for the tips, i shall have a play around this evening

Tech Guru

No worries mate, good luck.

Bump up your latency. Turn off keylock for a start.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Are you using the Win7 DJ Batch file to optimise your OS while DJ'ing? If youre not, you should:

Download it here

I use it on Win7 on my un-optimised partition and it works great.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

There is an option in traktor to make it so that if the volume for a track is at 0 it can no longer be the master track, if you are using sync this will fix your issue.

before you load a new track on, turn sync off. load track on, hit sync on.
    rinse, repeat.
    Should solve your problem.