Getting snare/clap to function properly on traktor remix decks

Default Getting snare/clap to function properly on traktor remix decks

sup guys,

i've just bought an F1 recently to (finally) get some on-the-fly remixing going and even more importantly: to use my own samples in addition to the running tracks. now i'm encountering some trouble with my snares and can't seem to figure out how to fix this... basically most of the samples i'm using are looped one shots - so for now, kicks, bassloops, hi hats, claps, snares, background melodies. now my problem is that, once triggered, the clap will be repeated EVERY beat. that can be a nice thing but i really only want it to be played every second beat.. if you're unsure what i mean take a look here: http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/09/2...ay-ean-golden/ at around 01:45 you can see Ean's remix deck on the lower right corner and although you can't hear it (cause it's muted) you can still see that somehow, the snare sample is only triggered every second beat. does anyone know how to reproduce this? any help would be appreciated... cheers!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Could be that deck is quantized to one beat or the slot size is decreased.

Maybe try setting your loop size to larger? I know I can set loops in tracks in the regular decks to extend past the end of the song.

Very easy, mate. You just need to change the loop length.

Hit "Size", then hold the pad with the snare sound, then turn the encoder until you get the right length. If your snare sample is 1 beat long, and you want it to be 2 beats long, just change the "size" to suit.

Traktor will add silence to the end of the sample to lengthen it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You can also try using Traktors loop recorder and your F1. Record your loop using your F1, then capture your loop back to your F1.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

got it fixed, thanks a lot <3