House Music in Dallas

Default House Music in Dallas

Hey everyone! My job allows me to travel across the US. I've noticed that NYC and San Fran have some of the best "house" music scenes. Specifically I really enjoy Tech and Deep House. I want to be able to spin these genres but I'm finding that here in Dallas Texas it hasn't really "caught on" and I'd like to help introduce it to the area. Maybe it is here and its more underground than I've experienced.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to start up a gig with a new vibe or an avenue to explore please share them with me.

Here is a darker mix I put together: http://www.mixcloud.com/david-smith46/getsomewhere/

Feel free to tear it apart, tear me apart, set me straight, whatever...no ego involved over here.

Thanks!

The House scene isn't to big in Dallas. It's all about the Dub, and Drum & Bass. Dallas is notorious for wobble land.
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

Quote Originally Posted by markyyoung View Post
    The House scene isn't to big in Dallas. It's all about the Dub, and Drum & Bass. Dallas is notorious for wobble land.
    +1

DnB is huge here.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Well....this is what I was afraid of. thank you guys for the heads up. I'm still going to see what I can do. In my opinion Deep and Tech House are too good not to share with others. The area seems ripe for this sort of vibe too.