"you're a thief of music......."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "you're a thief of music......."

"you're a theif of music.....you're a record player.......player.."

saw in another forum, thought I'd post it here...let the flame war begin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyRDDOpKaLM

after watching this... I feel at the same time ...then i feel like...'ah whatever..

Tech Wizard

I like Henry Rollins, but that was just plain mean spirited. Following his logic, he may as well be shouting without using a microphone.

It seems to me that there are those like Rollins who prefer to stay rooted in the past—paralyzed by a lack of curiosity and a fear of the new age of technology in which we currently find ourselves.

Message to monsieur Rollins: Criticize as much as you can, but resistance is futile. Spend your energy doing what you feel comfortable doing and allow others to have a go at what makes them happy without trying to rain on their parade. Live and let live.

Sincerely,
    a proud "thief" of music (and video)

Ah well... The point he's making is more about the commercial shitty non from the heart kinda music. He is also breaking it down for nowadays rockbands.

So, if it still bothers you, you might want to check out this vid, and see that he can be a vulnerable person too.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

I'm on the left politically, know Rollins pretty well and agree with much of his views. I just find it hard to judge "commercial shitty non from the heart kinda music" --- some like it and some don't. It's all very subjective. When it comes to non quantitative genres like music and art, it's best to keep a super open mind because what you consider fantastic could be "shitty" to someone else.

Rock and Hip Hop were and still are considered crappy music by a good majority of the population. It's my sincere belief that artists - and I place DJs in that fold - should remain as open minded as possible.

My shiny 2 cents.

i just imagined henry rollins comming into my bedroom and punching me in the face for wanting to remix "six pack" by black flag.
    that or liar by rollins band.

also henry rollins should have been venom is the last spiderman, just sayin'
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

is this guy making music or making money? big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I'm on the left politically, know Rollins pretty well and agree with much of his views. I just find it hard to judge "commercial shitty non from the heart kinda music" --- some like it and some don't. It's all very subjective. When it comes to non quantitative genres like music and art, it's best to keep a super open mind because what you consider fantastic could be "shitty" to someone else.

Rock and Hip Hop were and still are considered crappy music by a good majority of the population. It's my sincere belief that artists - and I place DJs in that fold - should remain as open minded as possible.

My shiny 2 cents.
    True that. Even though he is known to heckle anything that is not pure rock, he has made a killer track with Goldie for the Spawn OST.

Listen to it here.

So he isn't completely hating electronic music.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    True that. Even though he is known to heckle anything that is not pure rock, he has made a killer track with Goldie for the Spawn OST.

Listen to it here.

So he isn't completely hating electronic music.
    Yeah but he was making fun of trance and stuff, not drum and bass music lol
    We all know drum and bass is the best form of electronic music and is exempt from the things he says about drum and bass music

Ghehehehe.... Once again... here's goldie for ya.

But to get back on topic, he's talking about the heartless/emotionless music, not all electronic music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast