Traktor S4 Sample packs/ Remix packs
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default Traktor S4 Sample packs/ Remix packs

    Hey does anyone know where to found Traktor S4 Sample packs/ Remix packs?
    Besides the ones that Native Instruments provides.

  2. #2
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Short answer: no

    Long answer: aside from paying four times the value of a song on Beatport for a version that more often than not are laid out in the most bizarre way, and a few that sprung up in the early days of the F1, then no.

    I started using mine to make quick hip hop mashups on the fly, always worked well. But now I have a Maschine, there's a really simple function they have built in where you can drag and drops loops you're making into Remix Deck slots. So I spend a couple of hours every week just banging out some loops at different BPMs, then when I'm in the mix I can just throw up different textures.
    It's genuinely astonishing how much energy a simple hi hat loop can add to a song.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

  3. #3
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    But now I have a Maschine, there's a really simple function they have built in where you can drag and drops loops you're making into Remix Deck slots.
    +1

    Maschine to drag samples into the remix deck is the easiest way I have found to build a remix pack.

    I have re-purposed several of Mad Zack's Sound Packs into the remix decks by running them through Maschine. It was not that convoluted from the start....I had the sound packs setup in Maschine and then figured out I could drag them into the remix decks from there.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

  4. #4
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default Responds

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Short answer: no

    Long answer: aside from paying four times the value of a song on Beatport for a version that more often than not are laid out in the most bizarre way, and a few that sprung up in the early days of the F1, then no.

    I started using mine to make quick hip hop mashups on the fly, always worked well. But now I have a Maschine, there's a really simple function they have built in where you can drag and drops loops you're making into Remix Deck slots. So I spend a couple of hours every week just banging out some loops at different BPMs, then when I'm in the mix I can just throw up different textures.
    It's genuinely astonishing how much energy a simple hi hat loop can add to a song.
    I have a Traktor Kontrol S4, what is the Maschine like compare to the Traktor?

    With the loops that are provided say from Native Instrument can we use them freely or are there some terms of copyright that we can only use for personal use?

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default Responds

    Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    +1

    Maschine to drag samples into the remix deck is the easiest way I have found to build a remix pack.

    I have re-purposed several of Mad Zack's Sound Packs into the remix decks by running them through Maschine. It was not that convoluted from the start....I had the sound packs setup in Maschine and then figured out I could drag them into the remix decks from there.

    How do you build a remix pack?

    As i have a Traktor Kontrol S4?

  6. #6
    Tech Mentor 0Notice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Yup, I use Maschine to make the samples I want to use. I have a few different genres where I have a set of one shots/fills, then a set of loops. I would recommend making your own.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

  7. #7
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vernz View Post
    How do you build a remix pack?

    As i have a Traktor Kontrol S4?
    I am not sure what you are asking.

    At one level, you need to drag sound clips into the remix deck in an order that makes sense to you. Where/how you get those clips is NOT the interesting part of the problem. The mechanics of getting a clip into a remix deck slot are trivial...at least when compared to the creation of clips that actually sound good together.

    Maschine allows a "drag and drop" approach. In Ableton, you can create clips and loops and export those and then manually add them to a remix deck. The advantage of starting with Maschine or Ableton is that there are TONS of "royalty free" clips, instruments, and sounds that you can use however you want.

    Watch this and see if it helps:



    I also bought the Mad Zach video tutorial on making sound packs. These are REALLY good place to start if you want to make your own clips and loops.

    https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...eator-Tutorial
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

  8. #8
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default Maschine

    Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    I am not sure what you are asking.

    At one level, you need to drag sound clips into the remix deck in an order that makes sense to you. Where/how you get those clips is NOT the interesting part of the problem. The mechanics of getting a clip into a remix deck slot are trivial...at least when compared to the creation of clips that actually sound good together.

    Maschine allows a "drag and drop" approach. In Ableton, you can create clips and loops and export those and then manually add them to a remix deck. The advantage of starting with Maschine or Ableton is that there are TONS of "royalty free" clips, instruments, and sounds that you can use however you want.

    Watch this and see if it helps:



    I also bought the Mad Zach video tutorial on making sound packs. These are REALLY good place to start if you want to make your own clips and loops.

    https://store.djtechtools.com/produc...eator-Tutorial

    Is the Maschine software a free download or do you have to pay for Maschine software?

  9. #9
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vernz View Post
    Is the Maschine software a free download or do you have to pay for Maschine software?
    The Maschine software is bundled with the Machine hardware. I am not sure if the software is available for use without having the HW controller.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •