traktor analyze track
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default traktor analyze track

HI, to everyone.I'm writing this post because I have a problem with the track analyse of Traktor.When I try to synchronise the analysed tracks the 80% of the tracks in my playlist is not synch and the grids must be set manually.I think that is very strange don't you? I ask you if there is a special technique or some special settings to have grids set in a right way. Waiting...I thank you very very much

It may depend of the track. If trying to grid Electronic genres (be it house, techno, etc) the syncing is usually good at the first time, except in some cases that the track has a odd build up, maybe 1/2 beat added or something like that.
    When I try to mix other genres (not electornic music) sometimes the grid doesn't sets really well..
    As a matter of fact, when I DJ hip-hop, I do it on Serato because I sync manually on it.
    Give a little more detail of the issue, so maybe someone could help you-

Tech Guru

Its not strange, traktor is not perfect at setting grids, nor is any software.

If you want to be 100% sure that the tracks have perfect grids you need to do it manually with all of them. I do it, and believe most people do.

There is no special technique, just train, be a pro at setting grids and you will do it in seconds.

Also, you should know that some tracks don't have a constant BPM. That means traktor cannot set a proper grid for it. You have two options when it happens: warp it using a DAW like Ableton, or set grid markers for every BPM change and re-sync the tracks after crossing the grid markers. (I use Ableton)
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

manual is the way to go, i don't sync but i still like my grids to match up. I have had to do it to id say 80% or more of my tracks.

Tech Mentor

It depends on the type of music you play how good the auto analysis is. If you analyse techno or commercial EDM it will get it spot on most of the time. If you're talking groovy nu-disco or hiphop it won't have the same results.

Plenty of time to readjust the grids if they are off while in the mix. But yeah, don't rely on the software to set your grids.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Have you tried adjusting: Preferences >Analyse Options>Bpm Range

Adjust it to a range that gives better results.

What kind of music are you analysing?

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    It depends on the type of music you play how good the auto analysis is. If you analyse techno or commercial EDM it will get it spot on most of the time. If you're talking groovy nu-disco or hiphop it won't have the same results.
    Drumfunk makes Traktor have a fit.

Manually setting the grids although slightly time consuming is well worth it especially as traktors fxs all use the grids to work properly. I liked the video ean did where he uses master tempo to get consistant grids is handy for training your ear and gives your collection a uniform feel with regard grids. Also worth remembering that sometimes you don't have to set the grid on the downbeat or bass drum but can use a snare which can help when you get them odd weird tracks. I like many others on here also warp the more funky tracks in my collection via ableton normally naking a re edit so I only warp the intro/outro leaving the body of song with the human feel as intended.
    DJ, Producer, Radio Presenter & Tutor
    Win8 64bit / TP2.6.8 / Ableton / Maschine
    S4 / X1 / F1 / Z1 / Maschine Mikro / Midi Fighter Twister / Akai Mini Mk2 / Boss FS-5U
    Twitter: @joegrime
    www.soundcloud.com/joegrime // www.mixcloud.com/joegrime

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

What controller do you use? Check out maps.djtt.com and look for some handy beat gridding mapping tools.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast