VCI-300 itch question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-300 itch question

Can you set up a midi controller along side a vci-300 like a padkontrol to go with itch to use it for cue points?

anyone try this? I know you can with serato just not sure about itch.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ttaralli View Post
    Can you set up a midi controller along side a vci-300 like a padkontrol to go with itch to use it for cue points?

anyone try this? I know you can with serato just not sure about itch.

thanks!
    i doubt it, there isnt any factory settings for devices like that

Tech Convert

that sucks, I would really like to have 8 cue points and it looks like the vci-300 is only setup for four. Oh well, I'll make it work Buying my VCI-300 this week bye vci-100

Quote Originally Posted by ttaralli View Post
    that sucks, I would really like to have 8 cue points and it looks like the vci-300 is only setup for four. Oh well, I'll make it work Buying my VCI-300 this week bye vci-100
    Itch only works with controllers made for Itch, at this stage this only includes a very small handful of controllers including:
    Numark NS7
    Dennon DN-HC5000
    Vestax VFX-1
    Vestax VCI-300

No other controllers are supported and no custom midi mappings can be made even with supported controllers.

The VCI-300 only has buttons for 3 cue points...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Convert

Bought the VCI-300 today (It's in the mail) sucks about the 3 cue points, I'll just have to be super creative If I like it better then my VCI-100 and Traktor, then I will be selling that setup.

I'm pretty sure it depends on how you use your gear... The approach of the VCI-300 is slightly more leaned towards the tradition 2 TTs / 1 Mixer paradigm - with the added feature of cue points and hot loops. That's quite it.
    But that's also where the strength of the VCI-300 is: Apart from the spinning jogs you have exactly the same control like on your TTs...
    I for myself am much more comfortable with the jogs of my 300 than the platters of most TTs!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Tech Convert

Yeah, that's exactly why I went in this direction. I come from the old 1200's world and I do a lot of skratching and the vci-100 just wasn't doing it for me which is to bad because I do love that thing! Plus I will miss Traktors effects, I thought about grabbing the vfx-1 but 300 seems like a rip off and id doesn't appear to have a chopper or slicer and I use those the most. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

then you'll certainly be having fun with your 300 (as long as you don't mind that your jogs are not spinning - takes some time to get used to with scratching, but you'll get used to it)!

before you buy the vfx-1 I'd suggest you to wait for the numark nsfx to come out - they are both going to utilize software fx of itch, but they'll be using different ones. maybe one of the has got a slicer (as the nsfx is complementary for the numark ns-7 and that controller is heavily lent towards hiphop and scratching)!

you should be able to set more cue's using your keyboard (numbers)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast