Merging 2 computers traktor settings
    Tech Convert

Default Merging 2 computers traktor settings

Hi

My brother and I DJ together and before a gig we spend time apart as well as together preparing for gigs.

If we both download 20 tracks, import into traktor, set cue points and beat grid the tracks, how can we merge the info from the whole 40 tracks onto the one laptop that we use for the gig?

I have searched but cannot find any info on this......

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hmmm. I'm not sure that you can. Traktor gets its information from the collection.nml file saved on each hard drive. As far as I know it will only read from one file so it's not just as simple as saving the collection file from each laptop into the new location.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Hmmm. I'm not sure that you can. Traktor gets its information from the collection.nml file saved on each hard drive. As far as I know it will only read from one file so it's not just as simple as saving the collection file from each laptop into the new location.
    Yeah, you can either have two separate libraries, or two exactly the same libraries.

You cant sync two different libraries without having to reimport the tracks AFAIK.

I thought if you exported a playlist as an NML that, upon importing, it would give you the option of also importing all the markers and such too?

This should do what you want, if I am right in my understanding of that functionality.

Cue points and beat grids are saved in the ID3 tags, iirc. You might have to analyze them yet again when importing though, so better lock them beforehand.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    I thought if you exported a playlist as an NML that, upon importing, it would give you the option of also importing all the markers and such too?

This should do what you want, if I am right in my understanding of that functionality.
    Choose the option "Import tags from file" (or something like that) rather than "Import from Playlist". Can't quite remember the exact wording but you get the drift.

Tech Convert

Brilliant!

Thanks everyone, it definitely gives me something to try when i get home.

Many Thanks

you sync your time clocks together.. so they got tick tock together.

Dj Izn and I did it a couple times.

Oh, I read that wrong. Looks like you got your answer though. My bad, sorry. Have a good day .