4 decks in traktor pro2 using audio 4 dj soundcard and djm800
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default 4 decks in traktor pro2 using audio 4 dj soundcard and djm800

I currently have traktor pro 2, f1 and x1 setup. I have an audio 2 dj sound card and am trying to route audio from the 4 seperate decks within traktor to the 4 channels in my djm800.

Is there a way to do this or do i need a bigger soundcard?

Your title says audio4dj and your post says audio2dj .. which one is it? You may get around this issue by making your audiocard send out the decks as mono ... but I highly reccomend an Audio8dj or Audio10dj for 4 deck mixing so you can take advantage of stereo outs for each channel. You do not have enough outputs on the audio4dj or the audio2dj.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    Your title says audio4dj and your post says audio2dj .. which one is it? You may get around this issue by making your audiocard send out the decks as mono ... but I highly reccomend an Audio8dj or Audio10dj for 4 deck mixing so you can take advantage of stereo outs for each channel. You do not have enough outputs on the audio4dj or the audio2dj.
    Yeah, the Audio 4 has four mono outputs. Outputting music to mono is ugly and hacky. You'll need an interface with at least eight mono outputs to get full stereo four channel mixing. If you use a controller (like the Behringer CDM MM-1 http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CMD-MM-1.aspx) instead of a mixer, you can mix internally and use two stereo channels (one for house output, one for monitoring.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

Apologies for the confusion, it is audio 4 dj that I have, i bought it with traktor scratch duo a few years ago thinking i would never use more than 2 decks......... hmmm

So im going to need a 4 channel soundcard but it seems the only official traktor product is audio 10 which costs an arm and a leg!

Is there any other options? Non are ready standing out to me.

You might be able to pick up an audio 8 cheap, otherwise an audio 10 would be what you want. However, you can run 2 external decks and two external remix decks with an audio 6.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Not sure which Laptop you are using? An inexpensive (relatively) solution is to procure an Audio 2 DJ and create an aggregate device within OSX. Of course this is if you have an Apple piece of hardware. Not sure of how to create the same within a Windows environment, i'm positive it can be done.

Tech Convert

Audio 8 is the way forward I think. Not one on eBay tho!

Audio 10 would be nice but at them prices...... It would be nice.

I personally find it slightly crazy that there isn't an option for 4 outputs only without needing any inputs at all. Bit of a design/product oversight, IMO. Just would need to sort of just attach two Audio 2 DJs together and away you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post
    Just would need to sort of just attach two Audio 2 DJs together and away you go.

You can, As I mentioned you can use 2 Traktor Audio NI cards, and create an 'Aggregate device' in the MIDI settings within OSX.
    Attached is what it should look like in MIDI settings in OSX just google 'OSX aggregate device'
    And once that is created you Load Traktor, select from 'Audio setup', 'Aggregate device'
    Now is the tricky part, setting up the channels. I personally use

CH1 deck C
    CH2 deck A
    CH3 deck B
    CH4 deck D

To set this up you need to play around with the outputs and cables till you are sorted to your mixing style. Also attached image an old setup example of mine. Just remember that each number on the drop down (in output routing) relates to the cable from the sound card's e.g red, white 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8.

Think there is a video here on DJTT that explains it?
    Hope i've got this correct, A long while since I set one up in this fashion.

Traktor chanel setup.jpgAggregate.jpg

Tech Convert

Thing is, in order to aggregate I would need to purchase another sound card. So I at aswell buy one that does the lot and sell my audio 4! This would save a USB port aswell as I am using a MacBook Pro and only have 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast