Documentary - "Soundtrack: The Story of the DJ"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Documentary - "Soundtrack: The Story of the DJ"

Hello.

I'm working on a documentary about DJing and I thought this would be a good place to spread the word.

"Soundtrack: The Story of the DJ" is the first documentary to tell the complete story of the DJ. Follow the evolution of DJing from radio stations and rec rooms to festival stages, night clubs and recording studios around the world. Unlike previous documentaries that focus on a niche aspect of DJing or music, "Soundtrack" will document the history of DJing as it evolved into various forms and styles.

Filming is already underway and you can check out the progress and interviews thus far at www.TheDJDocumentary.com

I'd love to hear what you guys think. I appreciate any spreading of the word in advance.

Keep up the good fight!

-DJ Zimmie
    www.djzimmie.com
    www.TheDJDocumentary.com

make sure you talk about sasha and john digweed... you don't wanna offend the eldars lol

I think it would be cool if you included something about bedroom DJ's.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    Yes
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Nice!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Make sure you get the rights to any music that's playing in the cut. I speak from experience here.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    make sure you talk about sasha and john digweed... you don't wanna offend the eldars lol
    Yes. Definitely. The list of potential interviewees keeps growing and there are definitely a lot of the original seminal DJs on there. That's the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    Any good ideas on how you'd like to see this portrayed?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Zimmie View Post
    Any good ideas on how you'd like to see this portrayed?
    Id go visit a few bedroom djs say a teen, someone middle aged and someone older and interview them. Find out why they are a bedroom dj do they have a fulltime job or not do they hope to become a club dj at some point why they invested all the money in the gear that they ow who are the idols that they look up to. I could go on and on but I think you got what Id do. Ive got a perfect person for you she goes by the name of pushmorebuttons on youtube I think if you got in contact with her she may be interested, Shes been on here so Ive heard.
    Last edited by bc6; 10-06-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Banned

Will be a long documentary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast