Traktor Deck Flavor Feature Request - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

My idea is to set Traktor to read audio from the preview player and count the beats according to the BPM, then anything longer than 32 beat count should be output trough the Track Deck range and vice versa.

Press to: Load in Preview Player > Analyze Duration to determine Deck Flavor > Change Deck to corresponding Flavor > Load the remix deck set.

It's not anyway easy setup but I think it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalage View Post
    So you would only use the feature if you'd try to load a remix set into a normal deck? That could work.
    No, it would go both ways. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, the deck common load command is how controllers like the X1, S2, S4, etc. load tracks. If you use this command to load into a remix deck, nothing will load, you'll get an error message in the deck header. The F1 load command, however, works differently. As you suggested, if you have a remix deck and load a track to it, the track (or sample) will load to a cell in the remix deck, which is great. What I'm proposing wouldn't alter that current behavior, only the common load command.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    My idea is to set Traktor to read audio from the preview player and count the beats according to the BPM, then anything longer than 32 beat count should be output trough the Track Deck range and vice versa.

Press to: Load in Preview Player > Analyze Duration to determine Deck Flavor > Change Deck to corresponding Flavor > Load the remix deck set.

It's not anyway easy setup but I think it could work.
    This sounds logical, Stewe, I think I follow what you're saying.
    I'll see if I can make some time this week to give it a shot!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefilth View Post
    No, it would go both ways. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, the deck common load command is how controllers like the X1, S2, S4, etc. load tracks. If you use this command to load into a remix deck, nothing will load, you'll get an error message in the deck header. The F1 load command, however, works differently. As you suggested, if you have a remix deck and load a track to it, the track (or sample) will load to a cell in the remix deck, which is great. What I'm proposing wouldn't alter that current behavior, only the common load command.
    Which is what I meant in the first place :P

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

This sounds logical, Stewe, I think I follow what you're saying.
    I'll see if I can make some time this week to give it a shot!
    I don't have time to give this a try now but I'll definitely check it out and see if I can find some patch!

Thanks Stewe, I appreciate your contribution!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but, the deck common load command is how controllers like the X1, S2, S4, etc. load tracks. If you use this command to load into a remix deck, nothing will load, you'll get an error message in the deck header.
    Not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but I'm an F1 user, and I drag/dropped a regular track to a remix deck last night by mistake. It loaded into slot 1 of the leftmost pane of the remix deck just like any 'ol sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
    Not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but I'm an F1 user, and I drag/dropped a regular track to a remix deck last night by mistake. It loaded into slot 1 of the leftmost pane of the remix deck just like any 'ol sample.
    No, I was referring specifically to the load deck command on an average controller. If you use this command, you can't load a full track to a remix deck. The drag and drop method works and the load command on the F1 works in the same way that you've described, which is a good thing in both cases. I'm looking to implement another type of load function without altering that current behavior. Thanks for sharing your experience though!

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast