Mixing the intro and outro
    Tech Convert

Default Mixing the intro and outro

Hi guys, new to the forum well ive been here a few week but ive just been looking at different discussions.

My question is, i always thought that you shouldnt play a song ghen mix the outro with the intro of another song, depending in length, but i was talking to the dj who plays at my work and he says "thats what djing is" ...

I showed him one of me and my mates mixes and we was playing tracks for like 2/3mins and he said it was good but more of a mashup cos of how short the tracks are played he said try playing them for like 3/4 mins and then this should be roughly the outro anyway for you to mix the next song, unless your song is like say "my head is a jungle mk remix" where its 8mims long, he said obviously only play like 4.

What does everyone think? Is it more of a personal preference, ive experimented both ways as in quick mixing and then outro/intro mixing and iknow i prefer the latter and would prefer to hear the latter as i get to hear the full song then.

Thanks guys

I do both, but it depends on the track, the mix, and the crowd. So I let the situation influence which I think would be best at that moment.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply pal! Yeah i do mix in both ways but i feel as tho outro/intro style lets me appreciate a good sing more! Im new to djing and only doing mixes to put on cd's to play at my work and to put on mixcloud!

What The Fuck serious there's this same thread that's been going on for a week actively on this topic please refer to it

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Thanks Guys, I'm closing this.

@ Stevie - Please feel free to continue discussion in the other thread if you have any additional questions.