Hypnosis

Thread: Hypnosis

Default Hypnosis

Just a thought, Has there been any DJ's in the past who have experimented with using a form of Hypnosis or utilizing subliminal message's within their mix to trigger ones subconscious into a desirable state.

Subliminal message is a signal or message embedded in another medium, designed to pass below the normal limits of the human mind's perception. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind, but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions, attitudes, belief systems and value systems.

I’m sure some might be of the opinion that dance music already creates a type of hypnosis. My mum would defiantly be of that opinion and my Grandma no doubt would believe it to be a tool of the Devil.

I have just finished a book called "the game" by Neil Strauss. Basically this guy was at the forefront of a community of professional pickup Artists. Within the book they talk of different methods and techniques (yes, discussing techniques, this guy must be a complete fraud) of seducing women. One method touched on was Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and hypnosis. While I want to believe that I disagree with the methods application within the context of the book, I cant help but wonder how it could be applied to Dj”g.

Before I ask this question, please take into consideration that I am not a DJ with no experience behind the decks, so forgive me in advance if it comes across like a given.

Does anyone here play samples from a track that they intend to pay later in the set, by that I mean do they play samples at an almost inaudible level so that it connects with the subconscious of the punters, To the effect that when the tune drops the punters get excited, not realizing that you, the DJ had programmed their mind, body to react this way.

A penny for your thoughts!

Tech Guru

yea this is used in djing but very subtly try it when mixing tracks with similar drums, wait for a fill then swap in the 2nd drum line, take it out at next breakdown and replace with original then when you mix in the track it will feel eerily similar.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO