Advice on Xone:92 Faceplate
    Tech Wizard

Default Advice on Xone:92 Faceplate

Hey everyone!

I'm looking change my "storm grey" faceplate to pure white.

Looked around online and I came across a few different options. I could dish out $200.00 bucks for a real faceplate or $60.00 for a sticker from Styleflip.com.

Has anyone have any experience with a sticker?? Also the site offers two different kinds of skins and I'm not sure which one to pick.

Here is the direct link:

Xone:92 White Sticker

Thanks!

-A

That's not a pure white face plate but the original light grey before A&H decided to make their Xone line more visually consistent around 4 years ago.
    I dunno know about StyleFlip man. They have a good product I've heard but getting that thing lined up and centered on such a busy mixer seems like it would be a pain.Too many points of failure and i'd be worried about bubbles and peeling up around corners/screw holes.
    I opened my 92 a few times and know replacing the faceplate on it is no small task. IIRC most of the pots have to be unscrewed from the faceplate itself as well carefully removing some of the ribbons.

Good luck, Sorry I couldn't give a concrete recommendation.

Styeflip makes great products .. they are thicker than your average 3M vinyl sticker and can be reapplied if you messed up the first couple of times. Space monkey makes a solid point that the faceplate you linked is actually grey. I have the xone:92 in that light grey myself (you can click my logo for setup pics). I would prefer to stay as original as possible, so I suggest going the route of the light grey faceplate.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Wizard

Thank you for the correction and the feedback. I usually like to keep things original but for some reason the "grey" looks just really good to me! I'm going to go ahead and order a sticker and let you know how it goes!! :-)

Tech Mentor

+1 for the styleflip sticka. create something you are comfortable with! Styleflip is a great company.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    +1 for the styleflip sticka. create something you are comfortable with! Styleflip is a great company.
    Glad someone could chime in on styleflip. I've never used their product but have heard good things. Would hate to steer someone away from quality but still wanted to voice what I would be concerned with based on my knowledge of the 92.