sync/bpm issue

Thread: sync/bpm issue

Tech Wizard

Default sync/bpm issue

If I have 2 radically different bpm songs loaded and intend to sync manually or not blend the songs but accidently hit the sync button (habit) one song will report an incorrect bpm. When the pitch is readjusted to center the song will sound right but the indication of playing bpm is very different from the songs actual bpm.

This deck will stay messed up like this even after reloading a track. I have to shut down traktor and restart to get thing back to normal

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution other than restarting or syncing manually the rest of the night if this happens at a gig.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Try adjusting the BPM range of the pitch fader to 50%.

You shouldnt have to restart Traktor for any reason at all.

Make sure your not syncing to the wrong deck or Clock Master . Set the Sync to Automatic so you sync to the playing track.

Karlos

Tech Wizard

Yeah I think the problem is when the pitch fader can not go far enough to do the sync. I do not actually want to sync those 2 songs it is just when I hit the sync button out of habit. I would like to keep the resolution in my fader for the songs that I do manually.

say for instance I am playing a song at 130 bpm and load a song that is 95 bpm
    if I accidently hit sync then the 95 bpm song goes to 117 or something. when I recenter the pitch fader it then centers at 117 but the track sounds normal. If I move the fader to 95 then the track is way slow. when I load a new track in that deck the difference in bpms is still there on the new tune

I'll check on the automatic thing. I am syncing to the other deck, it becomes master.

I am a few updates behind. I need to upgrade I need to find a week where I have plenty of time to find and fix any issues before thursday......

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Set preferences to reset Decks on Load. This will zero the pitch each time you load a track.
    That might help.