Mixed in Key issue
    Tech Guru

Default Mixed in Key issue

I set MiK to key my collection and add the key to the key field, it is putting the actual key (ex. Ebm) whereas I would prefer the camelot number, anyone know why they revert to this only for the key section of the tag file and if there is anything I can do?
    Thanks,
    Matt P
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

In the settings menu you can select whether to have the actual key or camelot number shown

Its good how in 1.2.1 you can have the MiK result showing on your deck view now. not that i have had much cause to use that feature yet for some bugging reason.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

afaik you can configure this in the perferences. also writting anything but the "proper" key into key field is a violation of the id3 standard, which would explain why they might want to make this the default.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Overwrite comments 1 its a lot easier i think.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can view the key in the deck display in 1.1.2, buddy. At least, I thought I did.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

but one thing (maybe is a dumb question).
    I'm thinking about buying MIK, but I need to know if I analize a song through MIK the result of the KEY will automatic put into Song name or description or do I have to write it manually????

Tech Guru

MIK can write into various user configurable fields.
    But before you buy please read http://ifnotwhynot.me/mixed-in-key-not-playing-nice
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music