Free step sequencer for APC40 MkII - out now!

Default Free step sequencer for APC40 MkII - out now!

I've been putting together a step sequencer script for the APC40 MkII. Based on the Push step sequencer and optimized for live performance, this script works alongside the APC's factory functionality, adding a much-needed dose of live programability and drum sauce to the APC.

I'm really happy with how this turned out: the APC is similar enough to the Push that I could port all the same behavior over, including the colors, note editing and LED feedback.

This is a free download (with optional donation), so go nuts! You can get it from http://willmarshall.me/collections/f...s/apcsequencer

Tech Guru

Excellent work as usual Will!
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Hey Will,

I know it's a year-old thread but hoping you (or someone) could help me out.

I downloaded and installed your script but the APC Sequencer won't appear in the list of controllers in the Midi preference menu...

For background, I'm using Ableton Live 9 Lite version. Do you think I need to downgrade to an older version?

Sorry, completely new to the production game, got my gear last week!

Thanks!

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Hi BeeLee,
    I had this Apc few monthes ago and used this wonderfull script from will with Ableton.
    If I have a good memory, I remember that the version of ableton should be up that 9.1.7 (I use Live Suite 9.1.8 and it was working fine).
    What is your version, because you speak about downgrade? I cannot tell you with the most recent (9.5) because I move to Push in the same time.
    However,if you have answer to your question by Will, and if you succed to make it work, I can deliver your and hack who can expand quicly the capabilities from Will Script.

As you see in his video, the sequencer is designed to be used for DrumRacks only. That means that you normally cannot use the sequencer with midi instrument channel (all pads will only play the same note).
    But... I found this:
    1- Load the midi instrument you want
    2- Type Ctrl+G gor group ypur instrument
    3-Click on the chain icon wich appears (looks like 3 parallel horizontal line icon) ==> it will open chain window
    4- load an EMPTY drum rack in the chain, under your instrument.

So now it's magic because you can use your instrument and sequence it in the same way you do it for drums, the only difference is that the pads not ligthings, they stay dark but,all ranges of notes are here and you can sequence it very easily.

SO, I hope first you will mange to make the script works, and then can try this hack I found with chance.

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

More question: are you using windows or Mac?
    I was on Windows.
    Just pay attention to put the script in the right folder

Tech Convert

Link not working/valid

Default Link not valid

Any update on the : Link not valid issue ?

Found this : Hope it helps
    Akai APC Series - Modifications and Extended Techniques

http://www.akaipro.com/support/kb/ar...es-for-ableton