Take your chainsaw!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Take your chainsaw!

Really loving the looks of the screens from the S8, but IMO in the future, modular setups are the way to go.

Please NI, make a modular version of your new beloved flagship controller (with integrated soundcard)...

Last edited by tekki; 10-14-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

I agree 100%
    The S8 is HUGE and appears heavy. I don't need a mixer either.

To pull it off though they would probably need to devise a way to send the data from Traktor via a linked LAN cable between the two units a la Pioneer Pro DJ link. Otherwise two USB cable sending what appear to be a LOT of data.
    Last edited by space monkey; 10-13-2014 at 10:18 AM.

i just want the damm mixer! my x1's will do everything else!!

Tech Wizard

I'd use the 2 side pieces in place of my x1 and f1....my s4 mk2 isn't going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    i just want the damm mixer!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxlarge View Post
    I'd use the 2 side pieces in place of my x1 and f1
    And that's the problem with all-in-one stuff right there. It's easier to carry, probably easier to plug in, etc.. But people have their own preferences.

I kind of whish all-in-ones had never been invented. They're just not ideal for gear whores like me.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    And that's the problem with all-in-one stuff right there. It's easier to carry, probably easier to plug in, etc.. But people have their own preferences.

I kind of whish all-in-ones had never been invented. They're just not ideal for gear whores like me.
    Indeed, everyone expects something totally different from their controllers. Designing your own workflow and being familiar with your gear became more and more important over the years. For a club, it's impossible to cover all the different dj's needs with one setup. One thing a club always will own is a decent mixer, and that's were the modular controllers come in. Bringing your familiar gear with you on the road to rock the evening!
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

Tech Mentor

Doesn't the X1, F1 cover the modulars?

Well, it's all about the new screens and new functions

Quote Originally Posted by Fango Jett View Post
    Indeed, everyone expects something totally different from their controllers. Designing your own workflow and being familiar with your gear became more and more important over the years. For a club, it's impossible to cover all the different dj's needs with one setup. One thing a club always will own is a decent mixer, and that's were the modular controllers come in. Bringing your familiar gear with you on the road to rock the evening!
    Yep.

The good news about the all-in-ones is that people are being smart and putting in both RCA and balanced outputs, so you can run it through a house mixer or plug it sraight into the FOH & monitor systems.

But that doesn't really help if you happen to really like-for example-the S8 but want a different mixer just because you want a different mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    Doesn't the X1, F1 cover the modulars?
    Except for the Freeze feature that was teased...and the screens....and the actually possibly useful touch strips....and the screens....and the touch-sensitive encoders (if they work)....and how they affect the screens....and the giant tempo knob that's actually a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    and the actually possibly useful touch strips
    The X1m2 touch strips are actually usefull...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast