Budget DJ speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Budget DJ speakers

Hi, I wasn't sure if this should be posted in the general forum or DJ gear forum, I plumped for here so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Budget speakers for a beginners set up. My budget is around £100-120, could look at slightly more though if it will make a big difference. What do you guys use?

I have looked at the M Audio AV40's, but I'm not sure how suited these would be for dj'ing, or if they're not much more than a glorified PC speaker.

I'll mainly be playing bassy dance music, decent bass is a must really.

Cheers

If you just want some speakers to try on your own just pick any kind of cheap pc speakers with a subwoofer, or whatever you can find.

If you can spend a little more, go for some used hifi speakers and a used amp. I have a pair of old Magnat Ribbon 5s and they have a great sound for their price.

Just don't think you need to buy some expensive studio monitors to practice DJing.

I always regreted buying cheap speakers (e.g. the hercules DJ speakers XPS 80) they are not worth their money.

I like my KRKs, but I think they're a little over your budget. In that range, I'd get decent 2.1 computer speakers...just check out reviews. I have a set of Klipsch Promedias that sound alright for the money...a little noisy, but it doesn't bother me for the money.

I use Mackie MR8's in a home studio. Excellent sound and bass for the compact size. You should be able to find them used (don't bother with the new MKX at a bit higher price point than you listed. MR5's are even less expensive.
    ---------------------------
    Greybeard Turntablist
    Z2 / 1200's / X1 MK2 / F1 / Maschine MK2

I'd go the hi-fi speakers and amp combo if I were you.

Something like this would be great:

Speakers: http://www.richersounds.com/product/...-short-m10-blk

Amp: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-MUSE-S...item3f381fdab4

I have that Muse Amp, and it sounds great. Loud and clear, and the treble and bass controls means you can personalise the sound.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blatterjr View Post
    I use Mackie MR8's in a home studio. Excellent sound and bass for the compact size. You should be able to find them used (don't bother with the new MKX at a bit higher price point than you listed. MR5's are even less expensive.
    Mackies are amazing. So many people gloss over them for KRKs.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by blatterjr View Post
    Do you find the bass is a bit emphasised on the Mackie's? I've been looking around because I'd like to get some monitors, and this is something that's cropped up in reviews etc.
    SC - WS

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Do you find the bass is a bit emphasised on the Mackie's? I've been looking around because I'd like to get some monitors, and this is something that's cropped up in reviews etc.
    I can't say that I've noticed an emphasis... I play lots of bass music, hip-hop, etc. so I may be bit biased. =)
    Greybeard Turntablist

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Mackies are amazing. So many people gloss over them for KRKs.
    Mine are the original series and compared favorably to KRK's when I was purchasing. They sounded cleaner, looked better and had a better craft in my opinion.
    Greybeard Turntablist

Logitech z623's are unreal. If you're just using them to practice I'd recommend them anyday.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast