Anybody mirror their laptop to an ipad for traktor?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Anybody mirror their laptop to an ipad for traktor?

Title says it all, after seeing the s8 thought I'd like to mirror my airbook to my ipad wondering what people's experience is. Thanks.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    Title says it all, after seeing the s8 thought I'd like to mirror my airbook to my ipad wondering what people's experience is. Thanks.
    Yep, I do using splashtop. Works just fine.

I use DVS and so I only need the screen for the browser view so i can see track name and track bpm. I sometimes put it under the booth, as I really only look at it when selecting songs.

Banned

Cool follow up question, do you use a third part app to be able to close the laptop or almost close it without it sleeping?

Closed laptops overheat faster.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Closed laptops overheat faster.
    Gonna need a reference for that. Ive never come across a problem caused by a laptop being on and closed with the screen off.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    Cool follow up question, do you use a third part app to be able to close the laptop or almost close it without it sleeping?
    Both Windows and MacOSX support this in their Energy settings control panels.

Banned

Can't find it under mine, did read something about usb keyboards or flash drives and a workaround. Did also read about overheating so I mentioned almost closed. Apple thread about people wanting to use itunes with it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Gonna need a reference for that. Ive never come across a problem caused by a laptop being on and closed with the screen off.
    Other than it being common knowledge, the fact that keyboards get warm under heavy use, and the fact that I've had it happen....no. Go find evidence that contradicts it.

Banned

Found this....http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1539907

I'll leave mine a little open I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Yep, I do using splashtop. Works just fine.

I use DVS and so I only need the screen for the browser view so i can see track name and track bpm. I sometimes put it under the booth, as I really only look at it when selecting songs.
    I do the same, using splashtop. Great little program, I use a wireless mouse with it though as using a touchscreen can be a bit fiddly.

Always keep my windows laptop fully closed and have never had any overheating issues.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast