Monoprice mixers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Monoprice mixers?

Hello, I have bought many things from Monoprice (mostly cables) along some other minor tech like bluetooth recievers and the like. Now they are offering some mixers which look very good at an acceptable price range, specially a 4 channel mixer which doesnt look half bad for $160.

Monoprice is know of pretty much ripping off or "Super OEM" stuff and brand them as their own so this could work for a second setup unless you would like to get a used brand name mixer.

Thoughts?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Their DJ Gear was discussed a while back - personally, not a hope in hell.

Its only use is as a backup, and as a backup you make comprimises. IMHO you'd be better off with a decent 2 channel mixer, even a (gasp) behringer.

I think for $160 you'll get $160 worth.

Probably worth a punt if you're desperate for a 4-Ch mixer and have little money...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Probably worth a punt if you're desperate for a 4-Ch mixer and have little money...
    And don't mind spending another $160 very soon (probably on petrol if its still under warranty )

For $160... maybe I'll get one just to see. Reminds me of a "Realistic" back in the Numark days.

mixingconsole.jpg
    ---------------------------
    Greybeard Turntablist
    Z2 / 1200's / X1 MK2 / F1 / Maschine MK2

I've bought a few of their electronics, the most notable was a 12-port gigabit switch that cost like $8. The thing was obviously cheap, but it worked for a long time, and the only reason I upgraded was because I wanted to do things in my homelab that no normal person would ever want to do (multi-port trunking, vlan tagging, etc.).

It was the kind of thing that would have lasted many years if I weren't a ridiculous dork.

I'd give the mixer a shot if I was in the market.

Ditto, I've used monoprice for cables, organization and equipment mounts for years... just not their electronic equipment. Should get a mixer and couple of their CDJ's ($125 ea)!
    Greybeard Turntablist

Quote Originally Posted by blatterjr View Post
    For $160... maybe I'll get one just to see. Reminds me of a "Realistic" back in the Numark days.

mixingconsole.jpg
    Dude, I so still have one of those! I don't really know why - someone gave it to me in the 90s and I kept it for a backup/loaner, kind of hoping it wouldn't find its way back to me, but somehow it always did. LOL.

Monoprice's cables are great, their mics surprisingly good, but their electronics are hit-and-miss. Some stuff is pretty good (networking gear, DJ lighting), and other stuff is not so great. At least they stand behind their gear, but that won't help you if it fails during a gig. I'd be fine with it for home practice use, but I would be nervous about gigging with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTroyT View Post
    Dude, I so still have one of those! I don't really know why - someone gave it to me in the 90s and I kept it for a backup/loaner, kind of hoping it wouldn't find its way back to me, but somehow it always did. LOL.
    They were around $30 when I was getting started... in the early 80's I had one, a tape deck and a Technics 1800 (not a typo). Scary times, but for a kid in my teens, it was all the fun I could handle.
    Greybeard Turntablist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast