iphone inches another step towards pacemaker
    Tech Guru

Default iphone inches another step towards pacemaker

"Comprising two independently controllable decks and a mixer with built in effects, Sonorasaurus is a fully functioning virtual DJ setup. You load songs into each deck, via the built-in HTML server feature, over Wi-Fi (unfortunately you cannot access your iPod library directly due to restrictions put in place by Apple), and then simply begin deejaying. "

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/10/29/count...lay-us-a-song/

Apple makes things needlessly hard, but that doesnt seem enterprising developers. The other big issue with the iPhone is of course that you only have one stereo out, which can of course be split into 2 mono's to allow for cueing.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

deejaying is actually a pretty tricky task, and literally requires you to match the beats of two different songs together (beat-matching). In reality, this is usually done with vinyl records where the tempo/speed of a song is altered (scratched) to sync up to the tempo of another song so that they can mix. With Sonorasaurus this is achieved using the touch input of the iPhone / iPod Touch.
    hmmmm......
    and the scratched part is dubious too, was this guy in the know? lol

cool looking app though, might get it when i eventually get an ipod touch...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    hmmmm......
    and the scratched part is dubious too, was this guy in the know? lol

cool looking app though, might get it when i eventually get an ipod touch...
    lol total djing nubs writing that for sure :P

i haven't checked the underworld (cydia) yet, but i wouldn't be surprised if (and i'm crossing my fingers) some developers out there who develop for the jailbroken market could make a fully functional djing app. i mean, if you can access p2p sites and integrate your downloads into itunes already (mewseek).. i think they'd be able to make an app that can access your itunes library and call it into an app.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition