Free TRAKTOR PRO 2.7.0 update available now!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pipner View Post
    Hey
    When clicking on the xfader in internal mode mouse disappears and xfader doesnt move also messing with the on state and dim state for the x1 is all over the place. Dim state seems to be stuck at about 20-30%. OFf to check the NI forum for full list of bugs
    Same LED state issue here WITH S2MK2...

I should know this but I dont, how do I backup Traktor Pro 2 if I want to play around with the new upgrade?
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Same LED state issue here WITH S2MK2...
    Same LED brightness state issue with X1 mk1..

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    I should know this but I dont, how do I backup Traktor Pro 2 if I want to play around with the new upgrade?
    I'd like to know as well.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Convert

Does anyone know if the MBP Retina + Kontrol s4 MK1 bug was fixed???

seen here: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...freeze.212811/

Pretty serious problem. sincerely pisses me off literally once a day.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    I disagree. This is a pretty big issue for people.

And, no, it won't take 5 minutes to uninstall, reinstall, and then restore. Not for me at least.

However, by finding the workaround, I can deal with it. Other people on the NI forums have reported that changing resolutions within Traktor and then changing them back is also allowing them to go full screen as well.

So there's a solution at least, and my evening is not ruined.

If it takes you longer than that, Id suggest you hold off updating in future until the kinks are worked out.

You always have to assume new updates will break everything, and be prepared for that eventuality with backups.

Traktor takes less than 5 minutes to restore to a working backup version if youre organised.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    I'd like to know as well.
    Make sure you have a copy of the 2.6.8 installer or download it from NI.

Backup your Traktor Root Dir, usually at C:\Users\Username\Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor 2.6.8.

This contains all your collection database files and playlists, but not your collection.

Backup your Traktor content dir, usually at C:\Users\Username\Music\Traktor

This contains your samples, loops and remix sets.

To restore Traktor to 2.6.8 you need to uninstall 2.7, reinstall 2.6.8, and then replace those two directories from backup and run traktor. Everything should be exactly as it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    If it takes you longer than that, Id suggest you hold off updating in future until the kinks are worked out.

You always have to assume new updates will break everything, and be prepared for that eventuality with backups.

Traktor takes less than 5 minutes to restore to a working backup version if youre organised.
    I'll take your word for it, because I haven't done a restore for Traktor before, but every event in Windows 8 and 8.1 like this has been an absolute nightmare, so maybe I just expect a worst case scenario when that's not actually the case.

I do have 2.6.8 installer, and all my library and settings back ups, so I am prepared at least.

I am not, however, accustomed to new updates introducing a ton of problems like this, so you are right that in the future I am going to hold off.

Hopefully fixes will be quick, with their flagship controller right around the corner.

Thanks ImNoDJ Im rocking and rolling, now.Im all backed up lol.
    Last edited by bc6; 10-27-2014 at 09:58 PM.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Make sure you have a copy of the 2.6.8 installer or download it from NI.

Backup your Traktor Root Dir, usually at C:\Users\Username\Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor 2.6.8.

This contains all your collection database files and playlists, but not your collection.

Backup your Traktor content dir, usually at C:\Users\Username\Music\Traktor

This contains your samples, loops and remix sets.

To restore Traktor to 2.6.8 you need to uninstall 2.7, reinstall 2.6.8, and then replace those two directories from backup and run traktor. Everything should be exactly as it was before.
    THIS IS INCORRECT.

There is no need to uninstall anything.

Just navigate to your folder Applications folder: Native Instruments>Backup and hit the last icon/exe that worked for you. Your installation previous to 2.7.0 will start up and you are back to where you where before installing 2.7.0.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast