Denon controller - Traktor - OSX Yosemite compatibility ?

Default Denon controller - Traktor - OSX Yosemite compatibility ?

Hello guys! I'm in need for some advice

I currently own a DENON MC3000 (and use it with an old PC) and I wan't to buy a new Macbook Pro and purchase Traktor. My question is regarding the latest OSX Yosemite (which comes with the new Macs): How well does it work with my MC3000 and the latest NI Traktor software? I have read a lot of complaints from "NI products" users about the incompatibility with Yosemite.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/10/2...off-upgrading/

Also: Could the fact that the Mac works with USB 3.0 be a problem with my USB 2.0 Controller?

Does anybody have experience with this setup? I'm really worried because I have a gig next week and I need to upgrade my setup!

Thank you!

Yosemite isn't currently supported by Traktor, so until it is, trying to use Traktor on it is a really bad idea. I strongly recommend you hold off on your upgrade until Yosemite becomes officially supported. Obviously NI is working on it - thousands are in the same position you are, and can't upgrade until they get it sorted out, but there's no reason to screw yourself right now by trying to make something work that, for the time being, is known to have problems.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hold off a little while longer on getting the Mac from the perspective of Traktor - It won't be long before NI give complete Yosemite approval.
    I'd check with Denon to see if they have any warnings regarding Yosemite.

USB2.0 controllers are fine on USB3.0 - USB is backward compatible.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I've decided to do the following (please comment on whether you think it's a good idea):

-Buy the Macbook Pro (with OSX 10.9 Mavericks)
    -Download Traktor 2.7.0 demo and check if it works well with the DENON MC3000 and OSX 10.9.
    -If it works without issues, buy the full version of Traktor and keep OSX 10.9 and my controller. If it doesn't work well, uninstall the demo, sell the DENON controller and buy the Traktor Kontrol S2 with Traktor 2.7.0.

It seems to be the wisest option from my perspective (considering I need to gear up in the next few days for a gig I have coming next week). That way I have a few days to test the system(s) (for mapping, possible bugs/freeze, etc) before performing.

Cheers!