Track Key saved with Beatport Pro doesn't show up in Traktor

Default Track Key saved with Beatport Pro doesn't show up in Traktor

As far as I understand both Traktor and Beatport Pro write to the ID3 frame called "Initial Key" to save the track key.
    Beatport Pro saves the key in musical notation, for example, A#min,
    however, Traktor saves the key in the Open Key notation, for example, 8m.
    As a result Traktor can't parse the Key saved by Beatport Pro and displays it as "None".

Beatport Pro also saves the key in Open Key, but it uses a non-standard ID3 frame that is ignored by Traktor. Traktor can be configured to save the key in Musical Notation but the format is incompatible with Beatport Pro, for example Traktor writes “Am” instead of “Amin”.

So how do I make the key show up in Traktor without manually editing every track?

Tech Wizard

For starters you shouldn't mix key detection results from diff. apps > they don't all use the same algorithm so might give diff. results for the same track. As long as your results are consistent then you're good so choose one app/algo/method and use that.

I use KeyFinder, it's free, Mac/PC and you can output to any notation you want including Camelot etc using the custom prefs setup, and it writes to the Key Text tag. You can also append the key to the file name which is AWESOME if you're transferring tracks to an iPad etc that doesn't use the full set of tags. It also has (or did when he did a small test) the best key detection.

I went and redid my whole collection about a year ago with KeyFinder and have used only KeyFinder as I buy tracks since and all is sweet. Use it and donate.

I would like to use the Beatport Pro key tag because of the "Sync with Beatport" feature.
    Hopefully the key is provided by the artist while submitting the track to the Beatport store,
    thus it's more accurate than any kind of software detection,
    however, I don't have any evidence to back this up.

I've done a few tests and found out which ID3 frames are used.
    I'll post it here in case it's useful to somebody.

Code:
    Software     | Tag Name | ID3 Frame ID
    Beatport Pro | Key      | TKEY
    Beatport Pro | Key2     | TKY2
    Traktor      | Key Text | YEKT
    Traktor      | Key      | TKEY

I have had no trouble at all with Traktor reading non-Open-Key in the INITIALKEY field - Musical OR Camelot both seem to work fine for me.

also try the "check consistency" feature?

MiK has been proven time and again to be the most accurate fyi
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

Not across the board from my small sampling:
    http://blog.dubspot.com/endo-harmonic-mixing-key-detection-analysis/
    http://ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/comparison.pdf

anyway that's just single percentile points so here nor there really, I'm not trying to prove anything. I'd just say again choose one and stick with it across your whole collection. FYI I bought MiK but had it refunded because I thought the online-processing-only policy stank, but hopefully they've changed that. Anyway, I found KeyFinder, love its simplicity and flexibility and he's working on ver. 2.