Midi configuration

Default Midi configuration

Hi,

Nowadays i'm still tweaking my vci-100 midi map to exactly what i like. Now i stumbled across something pretty irritating:

image to explain ze problem

So, the button shown in green always ressembles one of the buttons in red, depending on the situation determined by the FX selection. I'd like to unlink these functions, and make all the red buttons have seperate midi signals. Since for me it seems useless to have those red buttons with their original functions, since you'll always be doing FX in one deck, determined by the FX selection, and trigger the function by the green button instead.

Or is this exactly what ean's firmware update is about?
    Last edited by barf; 08-20-2008 at 07:50 AM.

i now understand why vestax made this internally happen: it would trigger an effect's ON button for each deck or master seperately, which can come in handy idd. The problem with that is that my "on" button is on the left side in my effect panel, any way to change this inside traktor? So I could put the on/off toggle for effects at the right side of the effects panel, matching the position of the green button in my image?

We have discussed this in the past, theres basically nothing that can be done about it, Your just going to have to be more creative with the other buttons that you have.

I personally just leave my effects parameter in master mode and never change it to make up somewhat for this annoying fact. The VCI 1.3 firmware fixes that, but then it also has unusable midi messages for custom modding purposes.

*pulls hair out*

idd, also pulling my hair out atm xD

But when u leave your effects parameter in master mode, you're always applying your effects globally right? That's something i can't deal with, since i like to bring in songs with eg the T2 L/H etc

so is there a way to possibly get the on/off toggle in traktor at the right side, as in older versions?

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    idd, also pulling my hair out atm xD

But when u leave your effects parameter in master mode, you're always applying your effects globally right? That's something i can't deal with, since i like to bring in songs with eg the T2 L/H etc

so is there a way to possibly get the on/off toggle in traktor at the right side, as in older versions?
    I dont use Traktor effects at all, Ableton does that alot better.
    I was thinking instead i might use the up down buttons on the vci and bomes midi pro to do what the effects selection button should be doing, time will tell.