Goodbye Traktor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Traktor

Default Goodbye Traktor

So after playing around on the DDJ-SX, I've finally decided to order a DDJ-SX2. I attempted to use both the Viper and Pioneer mapping for Traktor and just was not happy. Serato also has way faster load times when loading tracks which makes it more efficient for turntablist routines. It is a sad day after all the work I have put in to utilizing Traktor, but all the bells and whistles have just weighed down the software.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

See you, space cowboy...

I still like and use both, but yeah....the integration with the SX is a very impressive thing. Everything just kinda works.

Tech Wizard

I did the same when I got my VCI-380. While nothing is perfect in the digital word, Serato DJ has definitely nailed it. I just found traktor had way more bugs all around. At least they have software to convert all of your playlists!

Since moving to serato almost 3 years ago although I still purchase/upgrade traktor I just do not use it effects in traktor are still my favorite but I can't bring myself to buy a s series controller after usuing one and comparing to my ns6 they just don't feel as solid

Tech Guru

If you're using controllers that have jogwheels but isn't manufactured by NI it doesn't make sense to use it with Traktor. Any controller that's not made by NI is only going to send standard midi to Traktor. So things like jogwheel performance are terrible if you're not using the S2/S4.

For anyone that has an SX/SX2 it'd definitely recommend using Serato over Traktor.

Ok, I am a bit of a noob to jogwheels as I came from Ableton to them, but I'm getting the same latency/response from Serato and Cross on the same Vestax. I've not tried it with Traktor, but is jogwheel response an issue in Traktor if you're not using S series?

I use MC6000 mk2, I agree that for scratching, it's not as responsive as I would like, that's due to the midi sending, but it's not bad at all, in pitch bend and other mapped functions, the performance is also pretty good.
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 10-31-2014 at 06:48 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcaller View Post
    Ok, I am a bit of a noob to jogwheels as I came from Ableton to them, but I'm getting the same latency/response from Serato and Cross on the same Vestax. I've not tried it with Traktor, but is jogwheel response an issue in Traktor if you're not using S series?
    It's not like I've looked at a dump of the data being sent back & forth, but MIDI has a finite resolution....and depending on how exactly the controller sends that data and how exactly the software interprets it, you might be able to-for example-uzi scratch and not have any platter position data make it to the software (at an extreme).

FWIW, I'm not a turntablist...but my DDJ-SX seemed to work fine in Traktor...except that with those TSIs loaded, it took like 10 seconds for the preferences window to open up...which I considered ridiculous, so I just stopped using it as a controller (I still use it as a mixer for the time being).

I got the SX2 and thee DVS expansion. So far liking it way better than anything else Ive used.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast