Gaia(armin van buuren) ulta 2014
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gaia(armin van buuren) ulta 2014

Well this is nice to see armin do a real trance set again hopefully more to come kinda funny he had to dig out an old guise though to do it

I guess should give just armin credit looks like both them are up there

super awesome! really enjoyed the set
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

He played here in Denver last night. My buddy had a free hookup to go. I was tempted, but just not up to it.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

This mix was more of a live pa with him and beno both were running ableton... But yeah I would be more inclined to go if I knew it'd be a real trance set... Miss seeing trance djs

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    TBut yeah I would be more inclined to go if I knew it'd be a real trance set... Miss seeing trance djs
    Too True.

Myself and the other half went to Jocen Miller a few weeks back, after 20 mins of "modern" progressivish trancy shite nonsense with a "drop" at every build up she was tugging me to leave and go "somewhere they play real music"

Only reason we went was due to his past tracks / sets ... ugh

Should mention there was ZERO atmosphere.

I just skimmed through there set, was fairly enjoyable.

But... Just launchpads and pc mice?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Well I'm not sure what I didn't watch it all the way without skimming... It looks like they likely bounced all the tracks since we're original productions to samples likely and launched them I suspect would have something with rotarys to run effects but not sure...

Oh I agree 100% I can successfully say I've seen no big trance names disgrace themselves live because I quit going to see them when it started getting sketchy.... Tiesto circa 2002-2003 armin circa 2007.... I wish Markus Schulz would go back to his coldharbour days miss that style also and some leama and moor geez list could go on... Slowly I'm being able to find some nice good new of those style of genres... Just the genres are so full of garbage or generic shit that it makes it frustrating.... Load up 100 tracks in beatport then spend the next 4 hours going through them via YouTube or various other ways to listen before I decide to buy.

I've had bad experience with beatport preview being misleading and I thought was a way to change which part of track was playing but haven't been able to figure out how I was doing it

In that statement here's a more authentic trance set I did recently

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Well I'm not sure what I didn't watch it all the way without skimming... It looks like they likely bounced all the tracks since we're original productions to samples likely and launched them I suspect would have something with rotarys to run effects but not sure...
    Found it:

Novation Launchpad and Novation Launchcontrol.

Proves you don't need big controllers to have the crowd go bananas!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast