Trance tech toolers - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yup I'm sure it has been I just wasn't really looking I guess... Yeah the lasgo vinyl I know I owned that and a few others but that mix wasn't terrible for the time... A real gem If I removed correctly Was Sylver A2Livin' My Life (Filterheadz Vocal)
    Remix, Producer [Additional] – Filterheadz
    6:09

I'm certain I ended up with a promo dub mix of this track

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Also, anjunadeep has been good for a lot longer than a year. I remember when A&B started it. It wasn't long after I started spinning, and I was still on vinyl at that point. I don't think I got my first DVS until later that year, which was about the time I switched to what was, at the time, called "progressive".
    Yep Anjunadeep have been releasing some great music for a few years. I think I first heard of them around 2010ish when I started getting back into trance after a few years away from the scene. The Anjunabeats compilations always had a trance mix and then a deeper mix which is where the Anjunadeep label spawned from.

That reminds me actually. one of the first tracks I really liked at that time was Above & Beyond - Anjunabeach.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha
    And it seems like the non-boring part of "progressive" evolved into one of the deep houes sounds that also gets labeled as a bunch of other things...and is pretty fun in the right context.

And the best thing is that we're not paying $12/record. So, keeping up with a couple sounds is possible. Keeping them separate....that's harder.
    You speak a lot of sense. When I was paying £10 for a single sided vinyl I couldn't afford to follow multiple genres.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

I'll post it so you know which one I'm talking about...

Producer that's stayed true to the sound even through evolution of it I found 16 bit Lolita's most their releases are decent as well I found over the years

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Producer that's stayed true to the sound even through evolution of it I found 16 bit Lolita's most their releases are decent as well I found over the years
    Yeah they constantly release great music. They've been around for some time as well.

Hernan Cattaneo is the same. He's stuck to the original feel of progressive. Saw him last month and he blew me away. Refreshing to here that kind of music given that most other clubs here play tunes which are just one big build followed by an "epic" drop!!

So, I just spun a set from one of my "crates" that didn't have a real name, and noticed a lot of it ended up in this thread.

Yeah....I thoght this was deep house, but it's more like what trance would be today if it'd taken a turn away from stadium and slowed down a good bit.

Unfortunately, I forgot to hit record when I started.

There should be a way to make traktor always record....the wiring is always set up.

I'm going to give the tracks in this thread another pass and then post some more, probably tomorrow. It's not the only thing I like, but this sound is up there.

Yup agreed Herman cattaneo has... It is nice to hear sets in general that aren't just a rinse repeat from insert famous Dj.... I struggle to listen more then 10 mins to people's sets that are just a top 10 playlist from kaskade, rehab, tiesto, w&w so on so forth

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvanm/jim...ancouver-oct-3

what modern trance is to me...

Jimmy Van M's resume is quite impressive...too bad he isn't better known...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Not heard of Jimmy van m. I'll give that a listen when I get home from work.

I'd be keen to hear some recorded sets from all you guys. Maybe we can use this thread to post our dabbles with trance??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast