I need advice on privacy during set - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Hang a dead chicken and several strings of garlic over your gear and you'll be solid I promise.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    If you are worried about people tripping over cords and stuff like that then I completely understand...

If you worried about people trainspotting your tracks then get over it...
    I'm going with a troll??? Just eat some garlic sauerkraut sausage with pork and beans... Should keep em out

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    I'm going with a troll??? Just eat some garlic sauerkraut sausage with pork and beans... Should keep em out
    refried beans and chile does the job also...

I don't care if people trainspot my tracks and I am a big time digger...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Also, serato and traktor can hide artists and track names and what not.

You know...since shazam doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    refried beans and chile does the job also...

I don't care if people trainspot my tracks and I am a big time digger...
    Same, last thing I care about it someone seeing what I play.

...there's a difference between being competitive and being a prick (I just use the word you've used on purpose). What you do isn't magical, there's no hidden voodoo magic in what we do (a bit but you get what I mean). It doesn't mean anyone can do it or as good as you on the other hand and it's not because someone watches you that he would steal your mojo. And it's an artistic kind of activity so there's so much to that than your tracks, your software, your tools, whatever..there's your tastes, your culture, your intelligence, your years of doing that, and so many other factors.

So my point is here draw the line for the good reason(s) if you don't want to have people around or just near you because of safety that's totally fine and reasonable (and that's actually necessary, I hated when people thought it was okay to pull off my headphones because they wanted to say something to me when I was mixing). You have to protect yourself/ your need for personal space/ the flow of your set/ the integrity of your system.
    But on the other hand don't try to convince yourself it's because of that you don't want to have people around because the real reason is you are un-confident and unsafe with yourself/your skills/whatever or just a total dick. I'm not talking about you here personally, just generally speaking about the subject, I'm not judging you.

That said, you're the one who decides so whatever your choice, that's the good choice but expect to live with the consequences (is that bad? whatever you do/say in life people will misunderstand you/see you as a prick anyway - and they may be right also). Not need to feel that guilty about it.

My only advice would be to concentrate on the positive so yeah why not have a security person/ a friend/someone to care of that for you if you feel it's a problem. I used to mix a lot with a friend of mine and he cared about dealing with the bugs when I was playing and I was doing the same for him in turn when we were not playing back to back sets.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Yul; 11-06-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    Latest mix

Thereís also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each otherís expertise but barely connect to the industry Ė despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Your crew and mates. everyone else should F%$# off, and if you haven't set this up before hand, its on you mate (sorry)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" Iím the Dude, so thatís what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if youíre not into the whole brevity thing. "

Also, merged. Apologies, did not notice the duplicate thread as i am am fairly drunk atm
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" Iím the Dude, so thatís what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if youíre not into the whole brevity thing. "

Your crew and mates. everyone else should F%$# off, and if you haven't set this up before hand, its on you mate (sorry)
    yep, just add the hotties as exceptions and you're good.
    Latest mix

Thereís also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each otherís expertise but barely connect to the industry Ė despite many of those involved actually working in it.

that goes without saying.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast