I need advice on privacy during set - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I don't even let myself have drinks on the same table if I can help it.

Tech Mentor

I've had people drop entire bottles near me. Mostly on the floor, but still a mess.
    But, my biggest annoyance is the drunk who casually falls onto the power cord. Happened once at the end of a night (thankfully)... I build a fort around it now.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Same here drinks never close to gear even my own ill put behind me or on the floor of theres
    No cap on them.... I normally won't drink at club gigs though mobile Dj gigs she's on depending on what's going on afterwards... My mobile gigs are different though I use a basic 2 card setup on older laptop with just a numark total control... I keep other gear in vehicle as a backup if required

But I still keep oth people's drinks away from my gear and am not against tossing their drinks after they get warned

do all of you keep your own drinks close to your gear?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    exactly. i keep mine over by my piss bottle
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Pro tip.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    I am not mad about it...but yeah getting your stuff ripped off can be REALLY depressing...

I cant tell you how many times I will hear locals play a track that i played on a mix i put out on soundcloud...and there is NO WAY they could ever found it on their own. NO WAY! I'm like cmon...It took be a months worth of digging and building relationships with labels to get those un-released tracks, and they will rip it from my mix....
    This is the shit that kills me. A producer makes a tune you really dig and you try to hide it? You don't want that dude to make money? That tune isn't yours. If you want exclusive tunes, make em.

I think it's more so giving a promo out of a certain style and then hearing the resident copy your set track for track that's the problem... Worse yet is when they hatchet up the mix and ruin the feel of the track... I personally could give two shits I like when I drop tracks and I get people asking what that track it's killer....
    This is why I highly doubt the op was referring to this being his issue... It honestly came off like he was trying to hide something behind the decks... Maybe he brags up being a non sync Dj but really syncs or maybe he just plays pre recorded sequenced sets who knows.... Or was. A troll

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast