Transition's for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    look guys, none of you should be hopping in a thread unless youre going to add to the conversation. period. there is no room for anyone to judge the merits of another persons query. if the question is so far beneath you that you need to break out the google hammer, just dont answer. its that simple.
    Disagree. Nothing ever good comes from spoonfeeding people who clearly dont want to make the smallest effort.

There are a lot of losers inhabiting DJ forums now who want everything handed to them for nothing, from skills to music to gigs. They think they can buy an S4, and everything will be given to them.

Helping them just decreases the signal to noise ratio of the forum. We could piss off ever user like the OP, and the board and DJing would not be any poorer.

When someone actually takes the time to ask a decent question, and show that they have done some research this forum bends over backwards to help them, and thats the way it should be.

Kick entitlement DJs in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Have you had your heart broken lately Mostapha? I think what Vernz is proposing that if you teach him how to do transitions, he will instruct you in the arts of love.

Sounds like a fair trade.
    No thanks. I'm married.

Disagree. Nothing ever good comes from spoonfeeding people who clearly dont want to make the smallest effort.

There are a lot of losers inhabiting DJ forums now who want everything handed to them for nothing, from skills to music to gigs. They think they can buy an S4, and everything will be given to them.

Helping them just decreases the signal to noise ratio of the forum. We could piss off ever user like the OP, and the board and DJing would not be any poorer.

When someone actually takes the time to ask a decent question, and show that they have done some research this forum bends over backwards to help them, and thats the way it should be.

#winning.

I've gotten a lot of help, and I'd like to think I've helped. But, yeah....if you can't bother to google or read manuals, I don't care to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernz View Post
    Yes i can mix with two decks but i am trying to bring my own style into how i mix my songs
    and how are you going to bring your own style in by looking at how others do it?
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Banned

Everybody likes to help people if they feel that it will actually help them, but lets be honest, people who don't search before asking aren't usually the people who have the commitment to follow through on the help. It's a bit like showing up for school without pen and paper, just a sign of not being serious.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    Everybody likes to help people if they feel that it will actually help them, but lets be honest, people who don't search before asking aren't usually the people who have the commitment to follow through on the help. It's a bit like showing up for school without pen and paper, just a sign of not being serious.
    Id love to see all of these threads just deleted immediately by the mods. they add nothing to the board and just start this shit storm over and over.

Banned

Are they deleted? I thought they just went down the list. Haven't been here long but seen this topic about half a dozen times. Personally I liked the video that was linked on page 2, hit the sync and move the cross-fader over. It is a start. I haven't checked myself but perhaps there is a newbie section that would put the tuts that are here in one place for people to look.

I'm actually curious why the 4 decks.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    Are they deleted? I thought they just went down the list. Haven't been here long but seen this topic about half a dozen times. Personally I liked the video that was linked on page 2, hit the sync and move the cross-fader over. It is a start. I haven't checked myself but perhaps there is a newbie section that would put the tuts that are here in one place for people to look.

I'm actually curious why the 4 decks.
    The thing is, that its entirely possible to learn every aspect of DJing from free youtube videos.

You literally dont even have to leave the house to learn the tricks that up until the birth of youtube took forever to learn.

So given this ease of access and vast amount of information, Im really not inclined to offer any help to someone too lazy to make use of it.

Why should we spend time rewriting the Traktor quickstart guide over and over in threads for every newbie that just bought a controller and cant be bothered to read the guide?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I don't mind answering to newbie questions when people show some enthusiasm for learning.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I don't mind answering to newbie questions when people show some enthusiasm for learning.
    I have and will spend all day teaching someone the basics if they show interest and some effort.

THiS!

Exactly why I have not bothered with this forum for a long time. Full of younger folk with their new controllers wanting fame and to be the next Avicii, or whoever is the 15 mins of fame for the moment.
    When (and I hope I'm not being too presumptuous about age here) we all started dancing in clubs, hardly ever saw the DJ, only listened to the music, and that was it for the love of dance music.
    Now all I see on these forums is Kids, getting bought/buying a controller. Illegally d-loading about 100 tracks, attempting to mix and coming here for shortcuts when they get frustrated.
    The plain and simple rule is practice with the music you love. And more importantly don't do it to be cool and famous, do it because you love the music and Im sure youll find it 10 times easier to progress.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast