Traktor Scratch Licensing Question

Default Traktor Scratch Licensing Question

I picked up my turntables from my Dad's place. I'm interested in seeing if I'll actually use them enough to justify the purchase of an A10 and would like to try it out for a couple days first.

Do I need a separate license from my TP2 license, or can I just rent/borrow and plug in an A10 or A6 and have vinyl control work?

Tech Mentor

You'll need the software to go with the A10 & Kontrol Vinyl.

You can buy the upgrade licence from NI or your local stockist. http://www.native-instruments.com/en...-timecode-kit/

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

AFAIK there's no way to demo Traktor Scratch Pro. The audio cards don't actually unlock any scratch functionality (contrary to myth) they don't work as a dongle. The flavour of Traktor is defined by the serial number. A Traktor Pro serial number will never release the scratch functionality even though it is in your copy - it's locked. A scratch serial number will unlock the scratch functionality

If you buy a second hand NI Audio card then you can get the upgrade linked in the post above. You don't need to install it, just reactivate your current installation with the serial number that comes with the upgrade kit.

Same applies if you buy the TSP Audio 10 package. You get control vinyl/CD's with both packages.

K. That's disappointing. Oh well, I'll probably just do it anyway. It's been too long.

FWIW, I still like Serato's licensing better....just not the software.