Help with new set up .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help with new set up .

Hello guys, i have a Behringer NOX 404 and i recently purchased a Traktor Audio 2 sound card to perform with its software. However,given that im not an expert of audio routing,i can not make my mixer work. Please help me out . Also the Traktor pro setting seems to look like a havoc that i cant relate with any of the "how to " videos out there.

thanks \\

IMG_20141112_185442.jpgIMG_20141112_204501.jpg

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Skip to around 1:20. Each output of the Audio 2 (using AUX to RCA cables) goes to a separate LINE input on your mixer.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Skip to around 1:20. Each output of the Audio 2 (using AUX to RCA cables) goes to a separate LINE input on your mixer.
    Hello , thank you for replying . I actually referred to the video and lay it out as i should..But still nothing

for my understanding .

Audio 2 (Main) Taktor Sound Card ---> Channel One (Input 1, LINE )
    Headphone Symbol on Traktor sound Card ---> Channel two (Input 2,Line)

Then,

Main Out Put (RCV ) goes as a 3.5mm jack to my speaker system

Thats the correct routing i believe .

Traktor Pro 2 Settings are the same as video

i still can not get a signal on crossfader indicating that a song is playing.

When turn on the mixer ,the power is coming through since there are little LEDs brighten up. Do you think there is a fault in the mixer?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Spacefunk; 11-14-2014 at 02:05 PM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you make sure that the volume knobs on the Audio 2 were up, gains were up on the mixer and input source selected as line?

The button on the back of that mixer + the switch on the top must have line selected. make sure you are in EXTERNAL mixing mode, have the audio 2 selected as the audio source, your jack< rca's are plugged in to the line inputs, not phono + your output routings are set to 1/2 + 3/4 (or similar) .. also kinda obvious but check the gain knobs, if they are fully left then duh....
    Hit us back if you still have problems.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    The button on the back of that mixer + the switch on the top must have line selected. make sure you are in EXTERNAL mixing mode, have the audio 2 selected as the audio source, your jack< rca's are plugged in to the line inputs, not phono + your output routings are set to 1/2 + 3/4 (or similar) .. also kinda obvious but check the gain knobs, if they are fully left then duh....
    Honestly i checked evrything over 10 times

the volumes
    the knobs
    line inputs
    external mixing mode

the latest update : seems like i can play a song on deck A and get a song playing in the mixer but the both mixers have somewhat control over it. It seems like when i bring the fader down on channel B ,the song on deck A gets louder.

is it the traktor version im using? the new Yosimite update? i must be missing something.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    all checked. however deck A could audible eventhough it has no control from the mixer.And the deck B doesnt make a sound ,but it could control somewhat deck A is playing. random things are working,

Quote Originally Posted by Spacefunk View Post
    Audio 2 (Main) Taktor Sound Card ---> Channel One (Input 1, LINE )
    Headphone Symbol on Traktor sound Card ---> Channel two (Input 2,Line)
    This is correct. Make sure the Phono/Line button on the mixer (by the Input jacks) are pressed down - if they are up, the mixer will be looking for input on the Phono jacks, which use a different type of signal (so don't connect the Audio 2 to the Phono jacks).

Main Out Put (RCV ) goes as a 3.5mm jack to my speaker system.
    You probably should be using the XLR outputs (the big jacks with the 3 pins inside) with a pair of "microphone" cables to connect the mixer to your speakers.

As Jester said, you also need to have Traktor's settings correct, so that Traktor knows it should be sending signals to the Audio 2, and which configuration to use.

If you go into Preferences in Traktor, and go to Audio Setup, the Audio Device should be the Traktor Audio 2.

Then, on the Output Routing page, Mixing Mode should have External selected, Output Monitor should have something like "Traktor Audio 2 - 3 & 4", and Output Master should have something like "Traktor Audio 2 - 1 & 2".

Play some music in Traktor, and bring up the faders on the mixer and see what happens.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJTroyT View Post
    This is correct. Make sure the Phono/Line button on the mixer (by the Input jacks) are pressed down - if they are up, the mixer will be looking for input on the Phono jacks, which use a different type of signal (so don't connect the Audio 2 to the Phono jacks).

You probably should be using the XLR outputs (the big jacks with the 3 pins inside) with a pair of "microphone" cables to connect the mixer to your speakers.

As Jester said, you also need to have Traktor's settings correct, so that Traktor knows it should be sending signals to the Audio 2, and which configuration to use.

If you go into Preferences in Traktor, and go to Audio Setup, the Audio Device should be the Traktor Audio 2.

Then, on the Output Routing page, Mixing Mode should have External selected, Output Monitor should have something like "Traktor Audio 2 - 3 & 4", and Output Master should have something like "Traktor Audio 2 - 1 & 2".

Play some music in Traktor, and bring up the faders on the mixer and see what happens.

im certain, i had it checked with one of my friends too.Unless there is a problem with my Main audio Out from the mixer. And chek out the picture,is it possible for it to behave like this.the both faders are down and channel two has some kinda connection with channel one.

IMG_20141114_225505.jpg

the new Yosimite update?
    I've been lurking to try and figure it out. Everything seems like it should work, but I just noticed this.

There are some issues with Yosemite. There is apparently an incompatibility between Avid's drivers and NI's. So, if you have any avid software (e.g., pro tools, venue, media composer) installed....there are issues. There was also one described more recently that affected several sound cards (though not the Audio 2).

It very well might be a Yosemite issue. Go ahead and see if there are driver or firmware updates for your A2 (drivers are in service center; you'd have to google for firmware updates, I've never had to do one). And if you're on 2.7.0, upgrade to 2.7.1.

One other thing that you seem to have said is that "both mixers" do something to the audio. Traktor's mixer shouldn't have faders if it's in external mode. The EQs, gains, filters, and key knobs all still work. So does the master output knob. Double-click each one to reset it to default, and make sure the EQ kill buttons (little blue lights) are off.

im certain, i had it checked with one of my friends too.Unless there is a problem with my Main audio Out from the mixer. And chek out the picture,is it possible for it to behave like this.the both faders are down and channel two has some kinda connection with channel one.

[AT TACH=CONFIG]24039[/AT TACH]
    What was traktor doing when that picture was taken?

The only thing I see "wrong" on the face of the mixer is that the effects loop is set to wet. It probably shoulnd't be. That meter mode ("mono 1/2") should be showing the pre-fader level of each of the 2 channels. So if the same thing was playing on both channels, that's exactly what it should look like. If anything was playing on both channels, it could look like that by coincidence.

So...here's what I'd do.

You have a cable with a pair of RCAs on one side and a stereo mini (headphone) plug on the other. Plug it into your laptop's headphone jack and the mixer's channel 1. Make sure your laptop volume is up (2/3 to full) and play some music (iTunes or youtube is fine; don't bother with traktor for this). See if it shows up on the meter, see if you can hear it in the headphones. If you can, try it again on channel 2. If that also shows up on the meter and in your headphones, switch the meter source to "stereo house" and play with the channel faders, crossfader, and master output. Do they seem to look like they should?

If that all goes well, it's fairly safe to say the mixer probably works. Behringer has made some absolute garbage in the past, but the nox mixers are supposed to be alright.

Next, plug in the Audio 2 via USB to your computer. Plug your headphones into The A2's master output. Open the Audio preferences and select the Audio 2 as your computer's output device. Turn the A2's volume for that output all the way down and play some audio (again...iTunes, youtube, etc., not traktor). You shouldn't hear anything. Turn it's volume up and see if you hear things.

Open Audio Midi Preferences (I don't know where it is, use spotlight to find it), and use it's speaker controls to select the other output (assuming the Audio 2 drivers will let you). Same story....volume down, itunes, volume up.

If that all works, the A2 is probably fine. My guess is that it'll fail somewhere in there.

Then...basically do it again with Traktor. Start with the Audio 2 as your device on INTERNAL mixing mode. 1/2 for master out, 3/4 for monitor out. Play with traktor's internal mixer and see if both outputs work as they should.

Then try it again in EXTERNAL mode. deck a: 1/2, deck b: 3/4, plugged into the mixer's line inputs, with it set the way you have it in that picture, but with the FX Loop control set to DRY.

If it works, awesome. If not, let us know where it failed.

If it's a yosemite problem, the mixer should work, and it should be weird when you use the audio 2 with iTunes, but it won't necessarily completely fail.

If it's a mixer problem, the mixer will keep being weird, but the Audio 2 will work with iTunes and traktor internal.

If it's a Traktor issue, everything will work except traktor.

If nothing works....you probably have a lemon mixer and either a yosemite issue or a lemon audio 2. Or you're only using bad cables. Or you're missing some piece of the instructions that you'll probably kick yourself for when you figure it out.

And yes, if that's the case...we'll probably make fun of you and then immeidately switch to telling stories about boneheaded things we've all done....like the time I traded out every single cable only to realize days later that I forgot to plug the mixer into the power strip and didn't notice that it's power light never came on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast