Quantize on Remix Deck
    Tech Guru

Default Quantize on Remix Deck

I recently started using a remix deck, but I don't understand why it's quantize won't work. If I get the sample on a Track Deck and hit play it will play perfectly syncd and quantized, it will not let the track start in the midle of two beats, it will adjust it so its grid gets perfectly matched with the other grid.
    When I get the same sample on the Remix Deck, with sync on and quantize on (and set to "1") it will let me play it between beats and actually it will play the number of times my finger can press it..... I press it repetedly and quick and it plays repetedly and quick... was it suppose to happen?

I want it to block me and match things like a Track Deck does, what am I doing wrong?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    I recently started using a remix deck, but I don't understand why it's quantize won't work. If I get the sample on a Track Deck and hit play it will play perfectly syncd and quantized, it will not let the track start in the midle of two beats, it will adjust it so its grid gets perfectly matched with the other grid.
    When I get the same sample on the Remix Deck, with sync on and quantize on (and set to "1") it will let me play it between beats and actually it will play the number of times my finger can press it..... I press it repetedly and quick and it plays repetedly and quick... was it suppose to happen?

I want it to block me and match things like a Track Deck does, what am I doing wrong?
    This could be any number of things, but it most sounds like youre not quite sure how the remix decks work. Spend an afternoon with the remix deck section of the manual and go through the examples. It really helped me understand how they work.

Options for your problem might be that you have 'punch-in' enabled, which would cause a sample to not begin from the start, as would having 'fluxmode' on.

If you want the loop to play out once after you press the button, you need to change the cell from a one shot to a loop.

Its all in the manual.

Also, there's a setting for 1-shot samples to ignore quantize. I'd put money on that.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Also, there's a setting for 1-shot samples to ignore quantize. I'd put money on that.
    Bingo! Thanks bro
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Ah, the ole ignore quantize trick.

For now on I'm putting at least a one liner when I look at a thread. 300 views and 2 comments wears me out. Just a quick HSO for you guys this morning.