Akai AMX AFX Mapping wanted
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Akai AMX AFX Mapping wanted

Hiya,
    Just got the new Akai AMX and also the AFX am well pleased with them, They are what i have been after for a long time. I bought the behringer CMD stuff last year and was most disappointed with the quality and the support and to be honest it was my own fault because i said years ago i wouldn't buy anything from them ever again.
    Anyways, the akai stuff is in a different league, only one little niggle and one quite big one. The little niggle, well they are all plastic but i suppose you cant expect anything else these days, But owning Vestax gear spoils you a little bit.
    Now to the big niggle and thats Serato DJ, Yes i knew it was a serato controller but i thought what the hell i'll have to adapt and it did come as standard. Well i still much prefer Traktor and i'm begging for one of you Traktor genius's to make some tsi's then i would be really, really over the moon. So who's up for it? touch sensitive knobs, touch strip, velocity sensitive pads.What a challenge, i would do it myself but im rubbish at it beyond just altering existing tsi's to suit myself.So there you are whats the chances? they are selling well so should be plenty of people interested.

If im posting in the wrong place Sorry!!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I would be up for Traktor AFX mappings if I had one
    Cool unit

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
    Hiya,
    Just got the new Akai AMX and also the AFX am well pleased with them, They are what i have been after for a long time. I bought the behringer CMD stuff last year and was most disappointed with the quality and the support and to be honest it was my own fault because i said years ago i wouldn't buy anything from them ever again.
    Anyways, the akai stuff is in a different league, only one little niggle and one quite big one. The little niggle, well they are all plastic but i suppose you cant expect anything else these days, But owning Vestax gear spoils you a little bit.
    Now to the big niggle and thats Serato DJ, Yes i knew it was a serato controller but i thought what the hell i'll have to adapt and it did come as standard. Well i still much prefer Traktor and i'm begging for one of you Traktor genius's to make some tsi's then i would be really, really over the moon. So who's up for it? touch sensitive knobs, touch strip, velocity sensitive pads.What a challenge, i would do it myself but im rubbish at it beyond just altering existing tsi's to suit myself.So there you are whats the chances? they are selling well so should be plenty of people interested.

If im posting in the wrong place Sorry!!
    I owned one AMX for a week.
    In general it's a good controller.
    I need more buttons, so I decided to sell it.
    Anyway, my idea was to use it with Traktor, so, if you want I could try to help you with Traktor mapping.

Tech Convert

@LIz4rd,
    Thanks, that would be cool,i agree that the AMX by itself is a little lacking in buttons thats why i got the AFX as well(Xmas pressie to me from me) if you need any info like midi info etc just ask and i will find it.

Tech Wizard

So. Many. Ideas. I don't have either though so I can't really help you If I can get my hands on one I will let you know.

+1, I have two AFXs and an AMX. Awesome hardware, pity Serato DJ doesn't have a prelisten function. I was going to return them and wait for a mapping/feature update to Serato but I live in Australia and our dollar has gone to shit so am thinking about hanging onto them. I would pay for DJTT to do a mapping as I think they would be better than my S4 MK1 with a good mapping.

Hey Guys, this mapping was recently uploaded in MAPS site:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/3950

Be sure to check it out and please leave your feedback about it here so we all could know it that's worth sharing to others.

Nice work Stewe, I have made a few changes to your mapping:
    - Hi, mid & low pass filters set to hold for touch. I tried to do the same for the filter sweep but it is too easy to accidentally leave it turned off when going out of touch mode.
    - Set the deck LED meter to bounce in time with the beat phase meter.

I haven't hooked up headphones yet to test the cue issue you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by danblacklock View Post
    Nice work Stewe, I have made a few changes to your mapping:
    Actually the mapping is not mine - I've just recently found it at Maps site and thought to share with you guys.

- Hi, mid & low pass filters set to hold for touch. I tried to do the same for the filter sweep but it is too easy to accidentally leave it turned off when going out of touch mode.
    - Set the deck LED meter to bounce in time with the beat phase meter.
    Thanks for feedback. What about other functionality? Any functionality missing or broken?

I haven't hooked up headphones yet to test the cue issue you mentioned.
    I believe that was mentioned by someone else. I don't see why would that be a Traktor issue except if the PLF buttons are hard coded in Serato so they don't send any MIDI to other software.
    Last edited by Stewe; 01-19-2015 at 06:57 PM.

I only did some preliminary testing last night. I have been busy creating an AFX mapping, this is my first mapping so learning as I go. It is surprisingly simple but very time consuming.

I spent way too much time trying to get the touch strip working with very poor results. It would be good if I could get the LEDs on the touch strip to light up to show how far the track is through but I have no idea how to interrogate the MIDI functions at that level.

Do people step through every function until they find the right one or is there a better way?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast