engineers for custom mixer design

Default engineers for custom mixer design

I'm wondering if DJTT does any consulting for custom device designs, or if anyone knows of any good firms to point me to that can help me with the actual hardware production of prototype mixers and controllers.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

IIRC, the guy who does Condessa started out posting on wavemusic's community. There are also people on there who fix/refurbish analog mixers.

That might be a decent start.

At some point, I started doing research into designing and making a digital mixer starting with TI DSP chips, but I eventually decided it wasn't worth the time and budget it would take. I'd be happy to try and dig up some of my research (no promises on whether I can still find it) if that's more what you were planning.

the condessa stuff looks ok, but im trying to focus more on a digital usb midi mappable surface. think traktor z2 meets akai apc40.

If you want it to be a midi controller, check out the midibox project. That at least could help simplify the midi side of things.

If you want it to actually mix audio itself (as opposed to controlling a software mixer), then you are going to have to learn to program DSP chips. Fortunately, there are some available. TI makes several that will work, and some of them can act as sound cards to stream audio from the computer without requiring another interface (but that makes it more complicated). Based on the research I did into that....summing busses are easy. EQs and filters are harder, but there are lots of places to steal code from. Effects can be easy or hard depending on what they are. And, it gets complicated fairly quickly as you kep wanting to add features.

check the diyaudio forums, and other diy forums they have loads of stuff

thanks both of you for the leads , ideally its going to include soundcard, im not trying to learn to program DSP because i want it to have a better chance of working well :P im only trying to be involved in the layout of the hardware, the midi mapping and the financing. the rest im really looking for some kind of professional to help me design and build the PCBs and enclosure, mount all components and program etc.

Tech Mentor

If you plan on selling it as a product then midibox license doesn't allow for commercial sales.

Another simple option for midi would be teensy. It's a Arduino-ish diy board. Has USB-midi built in and I have seen products based in it. If nothing else you could sell everything but the teensy and let the user throw that in.

It has DAC built in but I'm not sure how many and the resolution.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental