Some issues with rekordbox and CDJ-2000's

Default Some issues with rekordbox and CDJ-2000's

hey guys,

so a while ago i had a gig (my very first gig where i would use cdj's) i thought i was prepared for it i had some issues with getting my music on my usb stick since i wanted to simply just be sorted out in genre but it just kept putting it in artist>album folders anyway, so when i arrived and tried to plug in my usb sticks the cdj's couldnt read my usb sticks, luckily the dj after me said we could do a b2b session which saved me,

so i was wondering is there any way to put music on my usb stick via rekordbox and be 100% sure it will be able to read, also is there a way rekordbox can sort my music out just be genre when i export it to my usb stick? i do not own cdj's so i cant really test if it will work or not thats why i need to be 100% sure it will work
    |Macbook Pro| NI Traktor Kontrol S2| 2x KRK Rokit 6's| M-Audio Oxygen 49

Tech Guru

Um, what.

Did you make sure you ejected the USB port in Rekordbox rather than just pulling it out?
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

yea im sure i did that
    |Macbook Pro| NI Traktor Kontrol S2| 2x KRK Rokit 6's| M-Audio Oxygen 49

Tech Mentor

It sounds like you're missing some fundamental steps in the process of exporting to devices from Rekordbox.

I'd suggest you head over to the Rekordbox website and go through all the support content, it's pretty detailed.

Tech Guru

Its a good idea to format your USB Stick on FAT32 twice. Make a complete format, not a quick one. Two times.

This is a good software for formatting on FAT32 if your USB Stick is bigger than 32Gb: http://www.devsite.compuapps.com/ind...ent&Itemid=190

Also trying not to use cheap/free USB Sticks is a good idea, go with big brands such as Kingston and SanDisk and you will be ok.

Don't use external HDs. Most of them will work and technicaly CDJs are made for them, but these things cause problems, period.

Always bring a couple of USB Sticks with no rekordbox and with some pre-made mixes, these are useful when something doesn't work.

Trust me, I've spent years with these issues.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag