How to connect mixer+CDJ'S to ordinary Hifi system
    Tech Mentor

Default How to connect mixer+CDJ'S to ordinary Hifi system

Am getting some CDJ's with mixer, but how do i connect it to an ordinary hifi amp?

With my controller its just aux cable, can you do that on a mixer?

Many thanks.
    Alex

Yeah. The mixer should have rca outs. Just use rca-rca or rca-stereo mini cables.

Be aware that if it's a home theater amp, you'll get delay through the processing. If you have a "Direct mode" or a way to bypass any processing in the amp, you'll want to use it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Also, and I can't believe I forgot this again, keep in mind that most hifi/home gear is made for -10dBu inputs. Most "pro" gear outputs +4dBu. If you don't compensate for this, you will destroy the hifi amp. It's just a matter of time.

The house party I did where I forgot that wound up costing more than I would have spent renting a louder and better-sounding PA system.

I would usually use the booth out to go to the Hifi. On our DJM600 we would run the master out to the Stereo and the booth out to our sub, for extra bass tweakage.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "