Free software compatible with external mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Free software compatible with external mixer

I have a Numark M2 I use for mixing vinyl. I'm looking for a free software that is compatible with an external mixer like this. I've tried using Virtual DJ but the advanced sound settings necessary for this setup are only available with the pro version. Again, I'm looking for a free software that will allow me to send two tracks to the two inputs on my Numark M2 so I can mix them from there.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jallen250 View Post
    I have a Numark M2 I use for mixing vinyl. I'm looking for a free software that is compatible with an external mixer like this. I've tried using Virtual DJ but the advanced sound settings necessary for this setup are only available with the pro version. Again, I'm looking for a free software that will allow me to send two tracks to the two inputs on my Numark M2 so I can mix them from there.
    What are you acutally looking to do? Just play vinyl through your mixer? You dont need a computer for that, unless you want it for FX or recording.

Or do you want to control mp3s on your computer using control vinyl on your turntables?

The only free software that does this is Mixx.

http://www.mixxx.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    What are you acutally looking to do? Just play vinyl through your mixer? You dont need a computer for that, unless you want it for FX or recording.

Or do you want to control mp3s on your computer using control vinyl on your turntables?

The only free software that does this is Mixx.

http://www.mixxx.org/
    I'm trying to play mp3s from my computer and control them on my external mixer, then send the finished signal directly from my mixer to the PA. I want to cue tracks on the mixer and use the crossfaders and EQ's.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jallen250 View Post
    I'm trying to play mp3s from my computer and control them on my external mixer, then send the finished signal directly from my mixer to the PA. I want to cue tracks on the mixer and use the crossfaders and EQ's.
    Easy. All DJ software does this, including the free Mixx.

Youll need a multi channel sound card that has at least 2 stereo outs, one for each deck.

But youll need to do all the track controlling with your mouse if you dont have a controller or are using control vinyl.

^ Hit the nail on the head.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Rekordbox
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Rekordbox
    Are you sure?

I cant see anything in the prefs that allow you to route audio.

It's free software, compatible with an external mixer. Just what the OP asked for.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    It's free software, compatible with an external mixer. Just what the OP asked for.
    I know what it is. Im looking at it right now, trying to find the setting that lets you route the audio. I dont see any.

Or is it just for compatible Pioneer mixers with built in soundcards.

He also needs a soundcard, i think that is what the OP is asking.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast