Inspired by Teeko
    Tech Mentor

Default Inspired by Teeko

That last post featuring Teeko is a real gem! Judging from the comments, you all seem to feel the same way. I was feeling pretty inspired and came up with this mini-routine, taking advantage of the 33/45/78 rpm buttons on the Stanton S-150 turntable in order to modulate pitch.

I'd love a turntable like his, but that looks rull expensive. I guess I'll stick to midi-mapping some buttons to move around the key knob in traktor. Do any of you know if this will degrade sound quality too much? The idea is to map buttons so that I can modulate the pitch of a sample by one/two/three/four/five/six/seven steps up or down using the Key knob.

Pretty cool keep it up.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by dayvue
    The idea is to map buttons so that I can modulate the pitch of a sample by one/two/three/four/five/six/seven steps up or down using the Key knob.
    I can't believe I never thought of that...

You, sir, are a genius.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I can't believe I never thought of that...

You, sir, are a genius.
    Aww thanks, the whole plan is dependent on the software being able to key up/down without too much sound degradation - time-stretching while key-locked can make a song sound pretty crunchy. Hopefully using the key up/down feature for short samples will render this crunchiness insignificant.