Traktor and Kontrol F1 problems.. please help!!
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor and Kontrol F1 problems.. please help!!

Hey everyone,

I'm still new to DJing and my set up is a Traktor S2 and a Kontrol F1 running the latest version of Traktor. I just have so many problems with my Kontrol F1 because I can't seem to find the ways to incorporate it best in my mixes. Do I have to make a new remix set for every song in the mix that's coming next? The MASTER tempo always seems to be on my Remix Deck, and I wanna sync my loops and one hits so they fit well with the song I am playing. However, when i switch on to the next song, the tempo stays the same. Is this because I need to make a new remix set for every song coming up next and then load it before the song comes up?

Overall, if someone can give me a couple paragraphs including the F1's break down and a couple tips, I would greatly greatly appreciate it. I'm kind of a newbie and just looking from some guidance.

Thanks so much,
    NEBULAE

There's a setting called something like "allow remix deck to be tempo master". If you uncheck it, the remix deck won't take over as tempo master. That should solve some of your issues.

Other than that, it seems like you're not using sync correctly.

And, no, you don't have to make a new remix deck for every song. That would be ridiculous.

As far as tips, check out the video ean posted a few days ago on the blog. That covers most of it. The only other things that really jump out at me are things like playing samples as instruments (not just drum hits) and cutting stems into clips like you would with Live.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NEBULAE View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm still new to DJing and my set up is a Traktor S2 and a Kontrol F1 running the latest version of Traktor. I just have so many problems with my Kontrol F1 because I can't seem to find the ways to incorporate it best in my mixes. Do I have to make a new remix set for every song in the mix that's coming next? The MASTER tempo always seems to be on my Remix Deck, and I wanna sync my loops and one hits so they fit well with the song I am playing. However, when i switch on to the next song, the tempo stays the same. Is this because I need to make a new remix set for every song coming up next and then load it before the song comes up?

Overall, if someone can give me a couple paragraphs including the F1's break down and a couple tips, I would greatly greatly appreciate it. I'm kind of a newbie and just looking from some guidance.

Thanks so much,
    NEBULAE
    Mate, any info I could give here is much better and clearer written in the F1 Quickstart guide.

Its made to teach you this stuff.

Tech Convert

Thanks guys. Yeah i lost the manual, gonna look for an online PDF File that's probably the easiest. and thanks a lot for the second post as well, I'm gonna check that out.. I did think that was a problem, gonna look into it. I'll look at the manual and post here if I have any other questions. Thanks a lot.

N

Tech Wizard

+1 for the quick start guide. You can find it in the folder "native instruments>Traktor 2>documentation>Traktor Kontrol F1" (at least that's where it is on my mac)

I'm just learning how to incorporate the F1 into my sets as well (I'm also pretty new to Traktor). What I did was put together a remix deck of all the sounds/beats that I liked and started playing with it.

I'm not used to using a program with sync, so at times it's been a treat (not having to worry as much about beat matching) and at other times it's been a headache (when things don't quite line up). This blog and youtube have helped me figure out a few of the things that I can't get. Lots of practice later it's starting to make sense, but is still a long way from being used out in public.