Traktor not responding, any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor not responding, any ideas?

Hey can anyone help me understand why the Traktor pro 2 software is not loading to when i have newly updated to OS X Yosemite 10.10.1. It says the application is not responding and kept's crashing on me. I have used the service centre and there are no updates shown for the Traktor Pro 2 software and when i used control editor it says it is up to date?
    Any ideas on where i am going wrong i am not even sure if this is the right subbreddit to ask but i really need help
    Should i uninstall then reinstall the program, would that work?

Banned

"Native Instruments is currently conducting systematic compatibility and performance tests with the release version of Yosemite. First results have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system.

However, products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG and CONTROLLER EDITOR will not launch when AVIDs CoreAudioManager/Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Please note the general system requirements for your Native Instruments product which are available on the dedicated product page. For the time being, Mac OS 10.10 is not listed as officially supported. Native Instruments will continue further systematic compatibility and performance tests under Yosemite, and will provide new information as it becomes available. "

back up your os

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JaF View Post
    "Native Instruments is currently conducting systematic compatibility and performance tests with the release version of Yosemite. First results have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system.

However, products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG and CONTROLLER EDITOR will not launch when AVIDs CoreAudioManager/Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Please note the general system requirements for your Native Instruments product which are available on the dedicated product page. For the time being, Mac OS 10.10 is not listed as officially supported. Native Instruments will continue further systematic compatibility and performance tests under Yosemite, and will provide new information as it becomes available. "

back up your os
    Thank you for this information, everything is backed up on my OS X.

If i knew this i would not of updated to the Yosemite

Can i go back to 10.9.5 or once i have updated to 10.10.1 does it remain how it is?

Banned

timemachine

I'm not sure if time machine will actually revert a whole system. But, yeah....if you're sure your backup is up to date, install ML or Mavericks, and when it asks you if you want to migrate, choose your TM backup, that should do the trick.

Banned

I never tried it but apple support has suggested it many times. I had to call them the other day because my mac stopped recognizing my phone and I asked them if there was a way to get rid of the "applications ready for update" window because every friggin time I update something, another thing stops working.

Oh, I've migrated like that before....I just haven't successfully down-graded to a previous version of OS X. The one time I needed to was before they distributed it online. My DVDs were corrupted, I couldn't find my backup copy, and Apple wouldn't give me one since it did run the current version....so, I just didn't use Pro Tools for like a year until things got sorted.

Tech Wizard

That's why I've started waiting to update things. It sucks when things don't work like that.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scribbl3 View Post
    That's why I've started waiting to update things. It sucks when things don't work like that.
    Actually I'm afraid this is classic user error. The OP did not check with the software manufacturer that it had announced compatibility with the new OS. The NI forum is littered with people that did not check before installing a lovely new screen full of widgets.

I'm just sayin'

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Actually I'm afraid this is classic user error. The OP did not check with the software manufacturer that it had announced compatibility with the new OS. The NI forum is littered with people that did not check before installing a lovely new screen full of widgets.

I'm just sayin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast