DJ Gigs in Tokyo

Default DJ Gigs in Tokyo

I've been DJing in Tokyo for a few years, so I thought I'd create an article that could help guys/girls on this forum and similar situations to myself.

Basically, this is an article full of tips if you want to get a gig in Tokyo. Part 2 is the pay.

Check it here and good luck:

http://www.tokyonightowl.com/djing-t...-gig-in-tokyo/

Tech Guru

Nice post man. Looking forward to part 2.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    Nice post man. Looking forward to part 2.
    Thanks LoopCat. Most DJs don't want to spill the beans on money, but I managed to get a ton of data

Please feel free to ask any questions concerning the article, should be very useful tips in there for guys/girls on this forum.

Hey bud,

I actually just got back from Tokyo. I DJed at WOMB a few times as well as a couple of other venues. I'll be back in a few months as well and would love to lock down a few more gigs. I'd love to connect when I'm back.

Great article, BTW

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Hey bud,

I actually just got back from Tokyo. I DJed at WOMB a few times as well as a couple of other venues.
    Nice one! Thanks for checking it out eggy. I actual have a review of WOMB on the site as well, so feel free to drop a review on it. Will send you a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by tokyonightowl View Post
    I've been DJing in Tokyo for a few years, so I thought I'd create an article that could help guys/girls on this forum and similar situations to myself.

Basically, this is an article full of tips if you want to get a gig in Tokyo. Part 2 is the pay.

Check it here and good luck:

http://www.tokyonightowl.com/djing-t...-gig-in-tokyo/

I truly dig what you're doing and appreciate it. Thanks.

Is there any chance (in the future) you can include more of the bar and lounge scene? I would love to know how the DJ scene is in that circle. I've stopped going to clubs since 2000. Once in a while I'll check out new ones for a big act, but not that much anymore.

This is great though. I'm looking forward to Part 2. I've already bookmarked your site.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by gioalexnyc View Post
    I truly dig what you're doing and appreciate it. Thanks.

Is there any chance (in the future) you can include more of the bar and lounge scene?

Great idea! My only dilemma: How would you define a lounge?

To me a lounge is conversational venue but still has a strong musical element- though perhaps not the central focus (in fact, I recommend a place called "Bridge" in Shibuya: http://bridge-shibuya.com). The difficulty lies in self proclaimed "lounges" that are actually just clubs (very dark, extremely loud high octane music).

That idea will become an article mind you- so please feel free to message me on the Facebook page! I really appreciate you checking it out and already providing me with new ideas.