Ordering of DJTT store to UK
    Tech Mentor

Default Ordering of DJTT store to UK

Whats the situation with ordering from the DJTT Store with shipping to UK?

With the black friday deals the savings are massive compared to what you would pay in the UK, but obviously we pay tax on everything so what will actually happen during import?

I'm tempted to pick up a controller or mixer which would obviously be quite big, i've ordered chroma caps and other small things that came straight to my door... i assume it wouldn't be the same with big mixer or something?

Has anyone had anything sent to the UK from DJTT, was it a smooth transition? will they apply 20% tax at import? (I really don't know how the tax system works for overseas items).

Any help appreciated, thanks

I've imported a fair few engine and racing parts from the US and it depends, small stuff can just arrive, opther times the bigger stuff gets the full treatment. The import duty depends on the item itself (and the description on teh shippign invoice) with fully assembled elecrronic goods normally getting a fairly high rate, where as raw mechanical stuff like pistons only gets a small amount like 4%. (e.g it is cheaper to import a bundle of bicycle parts, than a full bicycle.) Ther is a govt website soemwhere that lists the import rates. But then you get VAT on top of that, and the VAT is also charged on the full order total, including tax and the shipping too. If someone like DHL or UPS do the import, tehy will pay everything on your behalf, get it through customs, and then invoice you. And of course they charge a processing fee too, they will write to you and request payment of the outstanding amount, that may be before or indeed after you receive the goods. So somtimes you're a happy bunny, then a bill arrives.... I normally go with a straight dollar to pound conversion as a rule of thumb. So $1000 is £1000 by the time all is done. But sometimes if it's through USPS and our Post Office it just turns up.... (To minimise the effect of shipping and one off transcation charges I would buy as much as you can.)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SumthinJumpin View Post
    I've imported a fair few engine and racing parts from the US and it depends, small stuff can just arrive, opther times the bigger stuff gets the full treatment. The import duty depends on the item itself (and the description on teh shippign invoice) with fully assembled elecrronic goods normally getting a fairly high rate, where as raw mechanical stuff like pistons only gets a small amount like 4%. (e.g it is cheaper to import a bundle of bicycle parts, than a full bicycle.) Ther is a govt website soemwhere that lists the import rates. But then you get VAT on top of that, and the VAT is also charged on the full order total, including tax and the shipping too. If someone like DHL or UPS do the import, tehy will pay everything on your behalf, get it through customs, and then invoice you. And of course they charge a processing fee too, they will write to you and request payment of the outstanding amount, that may be before or indeed after you receive the goods. So somtimes you're a happy bunny, then a bill arrives.... I normally go with a straight dollar to pound conversion as a rule of thumb. So $1000 is £1000 by the time all is done. But sometimes if it's through USPS and our Post Office it just turns up.... (To minimise the effect of shipping and one off transcation charges I would buy as much as you can.)
    Thanks for that, i've looked in to it some more and if they stung me for maximum amount I think i'd be saving £10 ha, not really worth the extended shipping time. Gotta love the UK.

Yes, I ordered a Twister sent to the UK. Yes you pay import tax but its worth it. It also passed through Oakland, CA without having the copper wire stripped out of it on the way...