Traktor Recording
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Recording

Hey, does anyone know how to my increase the volume of a traktor mix? I have just recorded for the first time and it came out clear but the volume is pretty low. Still very audible but you need to turn up your playback system e.g. car stereo etc. to the max and even then its still not quite loud enough.

I have the gain on the traktor mix section up to full so not sure what else can be done. The recorded mix would be considerably lower than playing a normal non-recorded track etc.

Is the traktor recording known very being quite low or is there perhaps something I can do to increase the volume?

Many thanks

No, all of NI's stuff defaults to playing and recording too loud for my taste....it's way too easy to distort. So, congrats on not doing that.

The answer to the question is to download Audacity, load the recording, and "normalize" it, preferably with a little (1dB should be enough) headroom left.

What was your recording setup like?

Tech Wizard

Cheers for the reply. Basically I just want to record my dj mixes. My setup is a mac, traktor, djm800, audio 8 and Konrol X1.

So you think I'm best off forgetting about the record function within Traktor and trying audacity? Thanks again.

Nah. Traktor's recording works fine.

I use it so that when the DJ mix is as loud as it's going to get, traktor's record meter is peaking a little past half way. Then, you just normalize it in audacity or whatever.

If I recorded with audacity (which I've also done), you still have to normalize it, since recording louder makes it easier to clip....which is bad.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Nah. Traktor's recording works fine.

I use it so that when the DJ mix is as loud as it's going to get, traktor's record meter is peaking a little past half way. Then, you just normalize it in audacity or whatever.

If I recorded with audacity (which I've also done), you still have to normalize it, since recording louder makes it easier to clip....which is bad.
    Ok cool. I wonder why my recording is not that loud. I have the traktor recording gain fully up. Any ideas? thanks a lot.

I agree with the others recording on Traktor is fine, not to tell you to do it again but check the gain on your mixer then on Traktor. Those are the only 2 places I can think of to check recording levels on good luck and let us know what the problem was.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys. I downloaded audacity, first I amplified it, then I normalized it and it seems to have done the trick. Still not quite sure why Traktor is that little bit too low, but audacity is a handy solution. Thanks a million.

Quote Originally Posted by nirian View Post
    Thanks guys. I downloaded audacity, first I amplified it, then I normalized it and it seems to have done the trick. Still not quite sure why Traktor is that little bit too low, but audacity is a handy solution. Thanks a million.
    Please read this: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=31907 It will help you understand some things
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Suffragette, you've got a gain set too low. Left alone, traktor will distort to all hell.

Record quiet, boost later. A -12 to -15 db recording level is fine.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast