Please help asap ddj sx traktor!!!

Default Please help asap ddj sx traktor!!!

Hi all!

im new to this digital Djing stuff always used CDJs.

i recently bought a pioneer DDJ SX and want to use it with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8. i have been researching loads on the internet and downloading mappings etc etc....

but i cant get it to work correctly. i have no use with the cross fader, faders, no cue to headphones etc etc. every video i have watched i have follow and its still not working right.

i have down as much as i can with little knowledge about all this stuff. iam starting to lose my head, as i have just spent out on all this. can someone point me in the right direction and help me please.

cheers
    Arran

Tech Mentor

You probably haven't put the SX in the proper mode in order for the TSI to work. A simple google search would have directed you to this topic on this forum right here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=70616

But why no Serato? Because the SX is not a Native Instruments product you'll never get the resolution of the jog wheels you'll get with Serato. And It takes you less then a week to make the transfer and you'll never have to worry about mappings again

Serato has quantize, sync, a shitload of effects, proper file management, it does everything Traktor does but imho it sounds a lot better.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJarranroberts230690 View Post
    Hi all!

im new to this digital Djing stuff always used CDJs.

i recently bought a pioneer DDJ SX and want to use it with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8. i have been researching loads on the internet and downloading mappings etc etc....

but i cant get it to work correctly. i have no use with the cross fader, faders, no cue to headphones etc etc. every video i have watched i have follow and its still not working right.

i have down as much as i can with little knowledge about all this stuff. iam starting to lose my head, as i have just spent out on all this. can someone point me in the right direction and help me please.

cheers
    Arran
    Have you actually gone through the manual?

Use it with the shipped serato software, that'll save you mad headaches
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Use it with the shipped serato software, that'll save you mad headaches
    +1 .... the DDJ's are awesome with Serato, no setup headaches, proper Jogwheel response, and everything "as it should be"

Its not like you are restricted to a Lite Version or anything

Yeah....I'm going to have to agree with that. I have one and have used it with both, and it's just a better experience with SDJ.