At a Dead End Guys, In Desperate Need of Help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default At a Dead End Guys, In Desperate Need of Help.

Ok guys, bare with me here... So I have owned Traktor Scratch Pro for about three years now, and it has been an overall pleasant experience. Except, however, for the past month. Recently, i was running Traktor SP2 with the Audio 10 Interface, using a vestax mixer and a kontrol x1 controller. With this setup, traktor ran flawlessly with no audio dropouts or pops, and no glitches or freezing. I plugged my audio 10 into my usb 3.0 port on my laptop (HP Envy 4 Beats Edition) and as mentioned above, had no problems. Now here is where we get into my current problem. I purchased a NI Kontrol Z2 mixer about 2 weeks ago, and ever since then I have been having nothing but problems. My load meter is constantly over half, with spikes into red. I am getting audio pops and crackles, and even complete audio drop outs (waveform goes all blurry and then traktor completly freezes). It will also randomly restart the song being played, which is obviously a huge vibe killer. I have read numerous forums, manuals, etc. trying to solve my problems but i am not getting anywheres. I have tried lowering my latency and usb buffer, shutting off wifi and bluetooth, running windows in the "Classic" theme, taking my computer out of power saving mode, installing ALL new updates for windows, traktor, and my laptop, enabling multicore processor support in Traktor, with still no difference. (I also do not have any security/anti-malware software installed on my computer). I am at a dead end. Last night at my gig, traktor froze once, restarted my song twice, and had audio pops all night. I HAVE to fix this... Does anyone have any tips or methods to solve these problems? Its getting to the point where traktor is basically unusable. Oh, and I also plug the Z2 into my USB 3.0 port... I have tried plugging it into other ports but again no difference. My Z2 is the only thing plugged into my laptop whenever i DJ. Thanks for your time guys, I Appreciate it!
    -Laptop Specs:
    HP Envy 4 (Beats Audio Edition)
    Windows 7 Premium (x64)
    Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
    Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub
    -Processor:
    1.70 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3317U
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Hyper-threaded (4 total)
    -Drives:
    499.79 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    359.29 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
    -RAM:
    8gb Usable Installed Memory
    -Multimedia:
    CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Intel(R) Display Audio
    -Display:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 [Display adapter]
    ....If anything else is needed, let me know!

sounds like you have done everything I would have done. Have you tried to reinstall traktor?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I would try turning off multicore support in traktor, suspending both ACPI.sys threads with process hacker, disabling the battery, network devices in device manager & setting the affinity of traktor to core 1. I do all of the above.
    Let DPC run for 3 minutes before and after you do this ( http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml )

I have a simlar spec HP machine to you.
    Last edited by Jester; 11-29-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by THR3E6TY View Post
    I have tried lowering my latency
    you have to set it to a higher value! try 256 samples.

try setting the sample rate to 48kHz (this worked for me with NI´s audio2 MK1)

delete the "Traktor Settings.tsi"-file in "Native Instruments > Traktor Pro" folder & restart Traktor. (updating from 2.6 to 2.7 may have corrupted the file)

try using the other usb ports

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Mentor

In not sure what that would be. Your computer has better specs than mine and mine runs fine. Try reinstall.

This is a dumb question and probably pretty obvious but sometimes overlooked. Do you have enough headroom in traktor are your gain meters pinning red. Too high of levels could cause drop out and high CPU. If you are using DVS, make sure your decks aren't a CD line level output and hooked to phono. Does it help if you lower the gains any? Have you checked the enable limiter and added -13 headroom in the settings?
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Guru

Run the Traktor 2.6.8 executable in your Traktor/backup folder.

It sounds like you updated to 2.7 when you bough your z2.

2.7 has issues, so go back to 268 and see if the problems go away.

Then you can start going through the problem threads for a fix.
    Last edited by ImNoDJ; 11-29-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Could run throttle stop to see if can bump up that u cup some... I've been really disappointed with any Ix u-class cpu they all have really poor performance imo especially for anything audio

Quote Originally Posted by c0nsul View Post
    ......delete the "Traktor Settings.tsi"-file in "Native Instruments > Traktor Pro" folder & restart Traktor. (updating from 2.6 to 2.7 may have corrupted the file)
    I had to do this recently. somewhere between 2.6 and 2.7 my system started taking a shit. Load meter in the red just from clicking on the settings button. Deleted the Traktor settings tsi and its now as smooth as its ever been. load meter never goes above 25%.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot for all the responses, I really appreciate it! So, after reading your responses, first thing i will do is delete the "Traktor Settings.tsi" folder. If this does not work, I will try reinstalling traktor. Also, just for clarification, my gains never go over one red bar. I very rarely let them go into the "clipping" range. Turntables are also hooked into phono inputs on mixer. Multi-core support is also turned off within traktor, and I always leave my laptop plugged into a wall outlet while using traktor (I am unable to remove the battery). I will try the steps you guys have mentioned, and let you all know how i made out! Thanks again

Tech Convert

So, after deleting the traktor.tsi file, traktor's performance has substantially improved. Load never spikes over half, and (knock on wood) no audio drop outs so far. Still have minor load spikes here and there, but it is much better. Also have minor pops in audio here and there, and a problem with the browser section randomly "flittering".. I will most likely reinstall traktor with 2.6 software rather than 2.7. Thanks a ton for all your help guys.. Couldn't have done it without ya's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast